Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

5 hours ago, cisco said:

Easy. Boat guys all do this to work on their hull. Just use the trailer jack to lower the front as much as possible. Now pile supports like cement blocks with wood under each back corner as close to the hull as possible. Now just jack up the front and the rear now rests on the supports and you can easily put supports like blocks with wood to cushion, under the front sides but IMHO best to use a long beam like a 4 X 4. Can do it so the trailer can be driven out from underneath to allow almost complete access to do your work. But of course ensure you use sturdy supports and cushion things so the hull doesn't get scratched on, say, cement blocks. 

Much better explanation than I gave.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, cisco said:

Easy. Boat guys all do this to work on their hull. Just use the trailer jack to lower the front as much as possible. Now pile supports like cement blocks with wood under each back corner as close to the hull as possible. Now just jack up the front and the rear now rests on the supports and you can easily put supports like blocks with wood to cushion, under the front sides but IMHO best to use a long beam like a 4 X 4. Can do it so the trailer can be driven out from underneath to allow almost complete access to do your work. But of course ensure you use sturdy supports and cushion things so the hull doesn't get scratched on, say, cement blocks. 

Sounds like a good plan

And if you didn't get quite enough letting a bit of air out of the tires would help I guess.

I have been wanting to do a bit of paint on my trailer and this would work. Thanks

On 3/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, cisco said:

Sounds like a good plan

And if you didn't get quite enough letting a bit of air out of the tires would help I guess.

I have been wanting to do a bit of paint on my trailer and this would work. Thanks

Your welcome. Many ways to tweek if needed. Done several very big fiberglass cruisers this way. Eg. is to trailer jack up the front after supporting the stern as described and then support the front under the trailer with blocks Now lower the jack so trailer jacks wheel is off the ground the height you want to increase and put some wood on the ground under the jacks wheel so jack can then be used again to lift your rig higher as needed. 

Edited by cisco
  • Like 1