Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Is that David Spade wearing the white shirt? Kind of looks like him.

I have had the pleasure of filming him a number of times . Great guy and knows how to fish .

1500502685_me44.png.41c4681aba4d62e581ceb72ac5c0db6b.png

Edited by misfish
  • Haha 1

Found pictures of a 16 foot 1962 Crestliner I owned. It had a 1968 65 Mercury. I bought it for a project to do. Never did. Sold it a few years ago. I did have it on Lake St. Clair a few times and it handled well but was very warm under that roof. I don't know where it is now. I thought it was a cool looking little boat.

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

On 3/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, Freshtrax said:

Heres us.   2005 Legend 196   could use a little more motor but other than that love it.    If you see us arround come say Hi   have a big salmon  decal on both sides of the bow. 

Screenshot_20200324-220335_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200324-220554_WhatsApp.jpg

Hmmm.... black pebble beach.... I wonder what spot of Albert's that was taken on LOL.

I put up a pic of the flats boat so since we are dodging tornadoes today, I found a decent pic of the old 21 ft Proline near shore boat.  Re-powered it in 2015 and freshened it up with some paint and fiberglass work.  She is a 1989 model and still solid.

I have always wondered why there aren't more center consoles around the Great Lakes.

QgfQZkO.jpg

Edited by Crimsongulf

This is a Crestliner with a 90 Merc 4 stroke I bought back in '99 and it was an excellent boat & motor. Drove this one for 10 trouble free years then sold it to my bud and he's still driving it today.

Crestliner makes a good boat.

Cnv1103.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I owned a 1976 Starcraft Mariner from 1979 to 2014. It is a center console. It was a great boat.

Ran an identical '82 centre console with a 90 Johnson for 20 years, actually if this is still available would make a great boat for someone fishing Great Lakes, the boat looks pristine for it's age and a newer motor 👍  http://www.centerpointeservice.com/boats-for-sale/1983-sylvan-18ft-center-console-pewaukee-wisconsin-5792742/?print=1&full=1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:09 PM, Dutch01 said:

I think we kayakers might have you beat for getting into hidden spots. That tree on the right was actually across the stream, we cut it with a folding saw. The work often pays off though (face is blocked cause it's my buddy's fish and I didn't clear it with him).

F53DFFBB-6445-489D-8300-398EAC4B3C18.jpeg

5EE53A21-EA79-499F-973F-C350354A7150.jpeg

Beautiful Largie!  Here is mine (smaller than yours ) - Georgian Bay.

OI000005.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 8:28 PM, Crimsongulf said:

I put up a pic of the flats boat so since we are dodging tornadoes today, I found a decent pic of the old 21 ft Proline near shore boat.  Re-powered it in 2015 and freshened it up with some paint and fiberglass work.  She is a 1989 model and still solid.

I have always wondered why there aren't more center consoles around the Great Lakes.

QgfQZkO.jpg

Back in the day I remember seeing Choronzey running a 24 foot Mako , very similar,  on the Erie and Ontario.

7 hours ago, dave524 said:

Back in the day I remember seeing Choronzey running a 24 foot Mako , very similar,  on the Erie and Ontario.

He lives in the Kawartha's now and still has that Mako, it's 30 years old according to a post of his in Nov 2019

On 4/12/2020 at 8:28 PM, Crimsongulf said:

QgfQZkO.jpg

They are getting more and more popular CG. here on Erie where I live. Up to a few years ago I helped reconfigure 3 early 19' 1990's era full wind screen StarCrafts into centre council ( center for you). Perfect for out here. The same 115 HP Mercs with the same hull and removing the front and rear casting platforms and the full windshields are getting 20 or more MPH at WOT. It's like going from fishing out of a phone booth* to being the only couple on the dance floor. The only downfall is for the other guys not ducking behind the small windshield going into the wind back to the north shore. 9.99 times the wind is out of the NW heading into shore on Erie. A local Marine dealer has brought in center council Key West glass boats a few years ago. I don't know how sales are. They sure ain't priced like Trackers. 

*For you yungins' here a phone booth had a telephone mounted on the wall, something called a "phone book" was hanging from a chain and that was basically an analogue manual 411 Google. The phone only worked if you put money in it. Things really got modern when you could use a "Bell phone card." Then you didn't need cash to operate it. I think they have one at The Smithsonian in Washington D.C. It is next to a 1st generation lap top that went for more than $3000.00 CDN. And that was when CDN was at par or more than USD. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Here is the 1st centre council  20 foot StarCraft Heritage they did before I came along to help. Not too shabby I must say. It's something like an 1988'. I really enjoy seeing boats revived rather than at the scrap dealers. The cost was around 5 grand before it was repowered with a 150 Merc. 2 stroke. So about 10K all in. Try buying that boat for 10K. 

DSCF1648.JPG

Edited by Old Ironmaker

8 hours ago, GBW said:

He lives in the Kawartha's now and still has that Mako, it's 30 years old according to a post of his in Nov 2019

Last I talked with him he was living at Point Abino, right next to the lighthouse, nice spot until the water comes up.

14 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Here is the 1st centre council  20 foot StarCraft Heritage they did before I came along to help. Not too shabby I must say. It's something like an 1988'. I really enjoy seeing boats revived rather than at the scrap dealers. The cost was around 5 grand before it was repowered with a 150 Merc. 2 stroke. So about 10K all in. Try buying that boat for 10K. 

DSCF1648.JPG

That's a fine, professional looking conversion.  You mentioned Key West in another post.  they are very popular along the Gulf and have a very good reputation.  They are built in SC and you can see that Carolina flare in the bow design.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:19 AM, Tjames09 said:

Man that’s a nice boat.

guys buying boats worth more than my truck. How people afford 70,000k payments? That’s CEO money. 

Some guys are retired CEO's like my newest B-I-L. He sold his twin engine air plane, took up fishing and went out and bought himself a 52' offshore something or other. I have yet to see it, or be invited out on it. My wife has been invited out in it. She didn't even take a pic, she said it was cute, CUTE !!!!!!!???????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Some guys are retired CEO's like my newest B-I-L. He sold his twin engine air plane, took up fishing and went out and bought himself a 52' offshore something or other. I have yet to see it, or be invited out on it. My wife has been invited out in it. She didn't even take a pic, she said it was cute, CUTE !!!!!!!???????

An old friend used to own and charter a 40 foot Post Sportfish in Port Credit, then he upgraded to a 42,  I though "what only 2 feet "  it was 2 foot wider too, big difference. His favourite saying  " you don't own a real boat until you get to sleep in a real bed " he lived year round on them.

On 4/19/2020 at 9:00 AM, dintymoore said:

We love our AC. It's a '17 Classic 16.5 Yamaha tiller. Works great, tough little boat. Can't wait to get back out there.

IMG_20180803_141950270.jpg

IMG_20180705_070737779.jpg

IMG_20180707_060206682.jpg

I have never seen water color like that, is that a river?