Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

Id like to see you stay dry in any boat doing 50mph in rollers 

thats the driver not the boat 

Yep, and the driver is a nut. My rig does 35 maybe, I for one have never got a drop on me out here pounding 4 footers. I can get real small tucked behind my full wind shield. 

I'll make you a promise because I like you. When I win the Lotto Max over 60 mil I'll buy you your new Bass boat. Let everyone here be witnesses. 

• Thanks 1

Can't decide which has given me more pleasure (beauty aka "old faithful" - 35+ years complete with boarding stairs to help my 94 year old mother in-law get in and out) ... or the beast (can't believe she's already almost 8 years ... only got out a couple times last year and this year is looking a little iffy too) :)

The beast ... does have a 300 litre tank ... so I suppose I could self Isolate at sea :)

IMG-20110718-00240.jpg

IMG_20140727_103001.jpg

Boat Aug 2012 001.jpg

Boat Aug 2012 012.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Yep, and the driver is a nut. My rig does 35 maybe, I for one have never got a drop on me out here pounding 4 footers. I can get real small tucked behind my full wind shield. 

I'll make you a promise because I like you. When I win the Lotto Max over 60 mil I'll buy you your new Bass boat. Let everyone here be witnesses. 

It's not the driver either...every boat has t's limits and NO bassboat runs smooth in 4 footers. Erie is probably worse because the rollers launch you when you crest them.

Regardless, bassboats aren't for everyone. They have a unique purpose and for those that want it, nothing fishes better. Trolling isn't one of them. Multi-species boats do a lot of things well but give up performance in some areas to accomplish this. No biggie, pick your poison and spend your money where you see fit. 

• Like 2

My 2019 Princecraft Resorter 160BT, 40 hp Merc 4-stroke tiller, with a Minn Kota Terrova iPilot 80 lb electric on the bow, and Humminbird graphs at the rear and bow.  Love the boat so far, lots of room and fantastic fish-ability.  The big Terrova with iPilot allows effortless trolling and anchoring.

A couple of opening-weekend walleyes and a nice smallmouth caught in front of my place on the Ottawa River.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

• Like 4

I’m holding you to that Johnny! Skeeter fxr all black, loaded...please and thank you Hahahaha!

grimsby, literally one of my favourite things is I’ve got a lil largemouth sloppy honey hole that I get my boats <12 inch draft into no problem while the guys in deep v’s are stuck watching me flip and punch

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

I’m holding you to that Johnny! Skeeter fxr all black, loaded...please and thank you Hahahaha!

grimsby, literally one of my favourite things is I’ve got a lil largemouth sloppy honey hole that I get my boats <12 inch draft into no problem while the guys in deep v’s are stuck watching me flip and punch

I hear you there! Love heavy cover largies!!

On 4/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, grimsbylander said:

It's not the driver either...every boat has t's limits and NO bassboat runs smooth in 4 footers. Erie is probably worse because the rollers launch you when you crest them.

Regardless, bassboats aren't for everyone. They have a unique purpose and for those that want it, nothing fishes better. Trolling isn't one of them. Multi-species boats do a lot of things well but give up performance in some areas to accomplish this. No biggie, pick your poison and spend your money where you see fit. 

Thats why I went for a Multi Species boat, while I love the look and performance of a bass boat it doesn't do everything I want, far from it!  I have a removable rear deck on my 620fs and i've never had a guest complain.  And other than top end speed, my FS out performs a bass boat in every way (IMHO).

On 4/2/2020 at 8:28 PM, AKRISONER said:

Lottery boat is a Skeeter?? Say it isn't so!  :wallbash:

Mine would be a Ranger 620 w/250HO  evinrude G2...etc etc... Blacked out would be nice but you want the top of your gunnels to be light in colour as they can get super hot in the sun. 

6948721_20190206093400480_1_LARGE.jpg

On 4/2/2020 at 8:28 PM, AKRISONER said:

I think we kayakers might have you beat for getting into hidden spots. That tree on the right was actually across the stream, we cut it with a folding saw. The work often pays off though (face is blocked cause it's my buddy's fish and I didn't clear it with him).

F53DFFBB-6445-489D-8300-398EAC4B3C18.jpeg

5EE53A21-EA79-499F-973F-C350354A7150.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KraTToR said:

Lottery boat is a Skeeter?? Say it isn't so!  :wallbash:

Mine would be a Ranger 620 w/250HO  evinrude G2...etc etc... Blacked out would be nice but you want the top of your gunnels to be light in colour as they can get super hot in the sun. 

6948721_20190206093400480_1_LARGE.jpg

After watching the Johnston blow up their evinrudes 5 times in one BASS season I wonder if that will literally be the end of them.

fished an all black triton down in South Carolina, they get a bit warm, but damn do they look incredible. I’d burn my feet for it lol.

you kayakers are a different breed I tell ya!

IMHO the most important way a bass boat outperforms any other boat every time is the front deck. Nothing simply can compete with fishing off of the front deck of a bass boat regardless of the brand

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1