Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

I also upgraded the steering from the clothesline to a cable system. I replaced the Lowrance X91 fishfinder with a Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro. Since it is a slightly older boat I installed dual bilge pumps thinking it might have leaking rivets. Found out it does not have any leaks.

AceCraft boats were made for Ace Hardware. It looks like a Starcraft hull.

It handles Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair, Charleston Lake and the St. Clair River perfectly.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 5:48 PM, lew said:

Loved my SKEETER and had it for 10 years without an issue on boat or motor.

Cnv0398-1.jpg

It was a great musky fishing boat and we saw plenty of action together.

033-001.jpg

028.jpg007-2.jpg

But when I decided to retire from fishing I sold all my gear including the boat and this was the last day I had her and the new owner picked her up just after this picture was taken.

Kind of a sad day really.

001_1.jpg

Sweet BUG Lew!

On 3/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, Freshtrax said:

Glad your getting her fixed up and back where she belongs OI.   :)

Thanks Bud. We took a core sample from the floor and the isostyrene foam was dry. I know we are going to tear it all out and find the leak in the future. We would probably turn her into a centre council if we tear it all out. We did that with 2 other identical Star Crafts of the same vintage a few years back. Amazing how much more room without the wind shield and rear casting platform. A lot of work for sure but it beats dropping 50 grand or more on a new 19'er. Plus the same boats get another 15 to 20  MPH with less weight at WOT. Maybe like this one. 

drugboat1.jpg

David are you looking for a similar style boat when you pull the trigger? The reason I ask is earlier in the month I was in Proctor Marine's showroom and they had a Crestliner 195 on sale for the high 40's regular price was around 65K if I can recall correctly. 200 HP Merc. It must be a new 2019. A great deal for anyone looking for a new boat this year at last years prices. 

I think Dany Columbi took me out on his 20' Skeeter on a Musky charter out of Sturgeon Falls 5 years ago. It was more Walleye boat than a Bass boat. I think he has more electronics on it than NASA's Apollo missions had in the 60's. No I don't think I know. 

http://www.proctormarine.com/showroom/2019-crestliner-1850-super-hawk-simcoe-on-n3y4r5/

Edited by Old Ironmaker

10 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

David I recognize that smiley guy holding the big Muskies. Are you looking for a similar style boat when you pull the trigger? The reason I ask is earlier in the month I was in Proctor Marine's showroom and they had a Crestliner 195 on sale for the high 40's regular price was around 65K if I can recall correctly. 200 HP Merc. It must be a new 2019. A great deal for anyone looking for a new boat this year at last years prices. 

I think Dany Columbi took me out on his 20' Skeeter on a Musky charter out of Sturgeon Falls 5 years ago. It was more Walleye boat than a Bass boat. I think he has more electronics on it than NASA's Apollo missions had in the 60's. No I don't think I know. 

http://www.proctormarine.com/showroom/2019-crestliner-1850-super-hawk-simcoe-on-n3y4r5/

Man that’s a nice boat.

guys buying boats worth more than my truck. How people afford 70,000k payments? That’s CEO money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

Man that’s a nice boat.

guys buying boats worth more than my truck. How people afford 70,000k payments? That’s CEO money. 

Daves worked his ass off to get some quality sponsorship deals me thinks.

19 hours ago, David Chong said:

Was hoping to be able to post my new boat for this year but in light of the state of the world today and the Canadian dollar, I'm not really sure what I'll run this summer! Here is my Skeeter ZX250 from last summer, beautiful boat and a great ride!779206290_2019SkeeterZX250-004.jpg.49aff86264dd2fc8e5d18768dcbdf7e9.jpg956279495_2019SkeeterZX250-003.jpg.14f073694d2b843906b1995d7495aa0c.jpg986900948_2019SkeeterZX250-001.jpg.65c6b4152794a3de323759a2682f5b18.jpg

Ridiculous rig dave...my god what I would give to own that! Im a skeeter yamaha guy, and you are a garmin man...dream rig right there.

Dave please tell me you were considering the FXR for 2021????😲

ive yet to see one in person but oh my god...i saw a picture of an all black one and i nearly fainted...a real life dream boat. Some day I will get my hands on a used one, i think its the best looking bass boat I have ever seen in my life. Maybe I will buy it from you :P

If i won the lottery tomorrow Id call Chris Zaldain and tell him to sell me his boat cash up front lol

Edited by AKRISONER

On 3/31/2020 at 8:19 AM, Tjames09 said:

Man that’s a nice boat.

guys are buying trucks worth more than my house :wallbash: the boats are just plain crazy , I boat a 18 foot aluminum centre console with a v4 Johnson and trailer for under 10G including tax in '82.

13 hours ago, ecmilley said:

If a new 21ft ranger was $70k I would get 2!

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Ranger would be around $100,000 I think. Probably more if optioned out. They are nice boats.

I was talking about the Crestliner Old Ironmaker posted in the link which is 70k. 

42 minutes ago, ecmilley said:

Guy in club picked up a new z21 with twin poles 250g2 Garmin panoptix $123k

Z521?? I believe the Z21 went out of production in around 2008/9. 

What's crazy now is you can add 20% of the total package price in accessories alone. 

23 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

I was talking about the Crestliner Old Ironmaker posted in the link which is 70k. 

It's on sale for 49K. As far as paying more for a boat than a house my first house was 25K. 

Bass boats are specific, personally I wouldn't ever buy one. I can fish Bass in my 19' deep V StarCraft that has only about a 12" draught but I can't go out and troll for Pics in a Bass boat unless the water is dead calm. I went out in a co workers Bass boat for perch here on Erie. When the wind picked up I got a nice shower heading into port. It was in April and it was freekin' freezing and thought I broke my spine hammering those 3' ers at 50MPH.