Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

8 hours ago, misfish said:

What pontoons are those ? They look much stronger then the ones I have .

Screenshot_20200320-034052_Gallery.jpg

Those are both Dave Scadden 'toons. Far from heavy duty but they have proved quite durable. The blue one is bladderless and the red one has bladders. Kinda like the bladderless one tbh. There's been a few pinholes here and there but nothing that has ruined a trip. And believe me, I beat the snot out of them! 

Josh

I brought the "Bassassin" in to my marine guy a few weeks ago to get her ready for the season. It didn't get the bottom wet for 2 years and wanted to make sure she was 110% ready to go. The main thing was to pump out all that old gas in the main tank and dump the 5 gallons in the kicker tank. I won't put 2 year old gas in any 2 stroke tool I have. Glad I did take her in as they found a few small things that could be huge on the water, like a bad bilge pump and the power pack was pooched on the kicker as well the power cable to the GPS combo had to be changed. My marine Guru Ted is using a walker now so I had to pay bigger. I've saved thousands over the years helping Ted work on my boat and learned plenty. Such is life.  Our trip to Georgina for Perch next month cancelled. No motels available and I'm not sure I would stay in a 5 star Marriot in this thing we are all trudging through today. The up part is traffic on the highways are nil. We might just commute or go to Burwell or Bruce. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

On 3/13/2020 at 11:32 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

I can count on 1 hand the number of times I wet a line in the last 2 years for one reason or another. I too thought I was retired. If I wasn't out on the boat I was wading in the water in our back yard catching Smallie, Perch, Rock Bass, huge Carp or Farm animals. So I decided to make a comeback this year, body is feeling better. So since the StarCraft hasn't had the bottom of the hull wet for  2 years I took it into the area Marine dealer to make sure she is ready to go. My marine guru and buddy as well with my assistance I haven't had to see a Marine dealer for years. The ""Boat Whisperer"" Ted's health has gone for a bad turn this past winter and he sold his shop where we did all the work. He is doing better but not up to helping me or anywhere to do it nice and warm and dry. Dry as in not getting wet. As they say use it or lose it. From draining old fuel and looking into a bilge pump problem those 2 little jobs turned into a $975.00 bill I paid on Monday. But look at all the money I didn't spend in the last 2 years. It is what it is. Now I can take Ted out for a few Erie Walleye this summer. He is also "" The Pic Whisperer"" Can't wait to hit some Perch 1st at Georgina ASAP. 

I was down and out for pretty much 4+ years after I sold my boat at the end of 2012. I never lost the desire, just the means to accomplish what I wanted to do. I made due to some extent with renting a boat on occasion, but you don't get things like trolling motors and electronics that you become accustomed to. In 2017, I purchased a new boat package.....and then promptly had a speeding dump truck try to eradicate me from this earth!!

The last couple of years are seeing more and more outings, but I got to admit....if we ever get out of this isolation or "social distancing" crap, I am chomping at the bit to get back at it!!

Here's to getting all of hose purty boats in the posts above, wet as often as possible this season!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rattletrap2 said:

I was down and out for pretty much 4+ years after I sold my boat at the end of 2012. I never lost the desire, just the means to accomplish what I wanted to do. I made due to some extent with renting a boat on occasion, but you don't get things like trolling motors and electronics that you become accustomed to. In 2017, I purchased a new boat package.....and then promptly had a speeding dump truck try to eradicate me from this earth!!

The last couple of years are seeing more and more outings, but I got to admit....if we ever get out of this isolation or "social distancing" crap, I am chomping at the bit to get back at it!!

Here's to getting all of hose purty boats in the posts above, wet as often as possible this season!!

I hear you. I was a hand shake away from selling the StarCraft Superfisherman 190. I am so glad I didn't. For what I would have sold it for I would be several 1000's of bucks short to get into a 14 or 15' side council. When I was at my Marine guys showroom a few weeks ago they had a 19'6" Crestliner on sale for $49,000.00, 15K off. Much deeper and wider with a 200 HP 4 stroke and a dual axle tandem trailer. Not this year, maybe next year who knows. Our  boat isn't perfectas  it occasionally leaks. After some outings water drains from the bilge, some days dry as a bone. She's a 94', 26 years old, well beyond it's best before date for any aluminum pleasure craft boat, the experts say a tin boat's life expectancy is 15 years . I could spend a few bucks on replacing the old carpeting and a new VHF, might as well upgrading the GPS and sonar while I'm at it, a screen can't be too big for me. The 26 year old 24V front electric troller is kaput. I sure don't Bass fish much anymore but that's the 1st thing I would upgrade. It's not the end of the World if I don't have a new $1500.00 whatever unit. In the blink of the eye I just spent nearly 4K and I'm doing all the work. 

Where can you be safer than out in the middle of the lake with a 1st mate 6 feet away from you. Unless it's the partner you sleep with. 6' away would be a separate bed. If this becomes an epidemic I'm going fishing. I'll launch at a pals Marina only 17 minutes from us if all others are closed. 

Yes lets get all dem purdy boats wet. ASAP. 

Johnny D/Selkirk ON. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I've owned a Lund ProV, Triton TR21, and Ranger 620. Although they were all very good boats, each one was a bit better and different than the previous one. Sold the Ranger last summer and that was a sad day for me.

DSC_0153.jpg

Boat1.jpg

IMG_02861.jpg

17 hours ago, Freshtrax said:

Glad your getting her fixed up and back where she belongs OI.   :)

Thanks pal. We took a core sample from the rear of the boat where it seemed mushy, the iso styrene closed cell floated. So not too much damage, yet. We are making a game plan going forward to deal with the leak(s) are. I say we because I have gifted 50% ownership to a friend I have known since the very 1st day of high school. He thinks he owes me 5K. You were here when we were doing a remodel of the cottage. He wouldn't take a penny and did most of the work with his guys that I know he paid. Imagine I know the man for 52 years and still can't get rid of him. He might as well own the boat because 99% of the time he is with me on her fishing anyway, he might as well chip in a bit now. 

I filled her up yesterday from MT as well as 5@20 liters of high octane fuel for 91.9 cents a liter normally $1.30 or higher around here and even more at the marina's. I bought the last 4@20 lt. gas cans at CTC. The CTC store website said zero in stock, yea right. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

59 minutes ago, misfish said:

Looks like isolation to me Bill . How was the fishing ?

Garbage lol!  Fished from 7ft with the boards to 50ft until the winds kicked up from the NE and pushed me off the lake.   Probably a few weeks too early, but what can ya do.   If the border was still open I'd run over to Olcott or similar, the amount of browns they stock over there is ridiculous.

20 hours ago, Freshtrax said:

Heres us.   2005 Legend 196   could use a little more motor but other than that love it.    If you see us arround come say Hi   have a big salmon  decal on both sides of the bow. 

Screenshot_20200324-220335_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200324-220554_WhatsApp.jpg

Did you get rid of the big yellow boat? Was a nice one!

9 minutes ago, huzzsaba said:

Did you get rid of the big yellow boat? Was a nice one!

We did.. it was nice to have a big ol hardtop glass boat but not too much fun to tow.   This let's us explore , go camping and willl handle more rough water on lake O than I am comfortable with. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gerry said:

I've owned a Lund ProV, Triton TR21, and Ranger 620. Although they were all very good boats, each one was a bit better and different than the previous one. Sold the Ranger last summer and that was a sad day for me.

DSC_0153.jpg

Boat1.jpg

IMG_02861.jpg

That custom trailer...beauty of a boat

20 hours ago, BillM said:

Garbage lol!  Fished from 7ft with the boards to 50ft until the winds kicked up from the NE and pushed me off the lake.   Probably a few weeks too early, but what can ya do.   If the border was still open I'd run over to Olcott or similar, the amount of browns they stock over there is ridiculous.

so sad that my boards are at my buddies place :(

On 3/25/2020 at 11:13 AM, Gerry said:

DSC_0153.jpg

Boat1.jpg

IMG_02861.jpg

my dream boat.....man thats nice.

what did it go for on the used market? what year was it?

Edited by Tjames09

2018 Ultima with Suzuki 115ss & rigged with minn kota, helix, etc.

10' West Marine inflatable for back lake adventures.  Say what you want my Shakespeare trolling motor uses greenworks lithium 48v batteries (used in weed wackers)  I have 2 of them just in case but usually never need the 2nd.

20191004_183010.jpg

CarsonBoat2.png

20191019_130121.jpg