Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

25 minutes ago, Out4Trout said:

Fantastic rig by all accounts... Do you have the Mirage drive, to free your hands?

Yes I have the 180 Mirage Drive (180=with reverse). It's a game changer for hands free fishing and boat control. Also a game changer at days end when it's time to head back to the launch. It's pretty fast and walks away from most paddlers.

I am also blown away by how much it holds. I did a pedal in water access camping trip last year and it held more than 3/4 of my camping gear inside the hull.

Edited by Dutch01
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dutch01 said:

Yes I have the 180 Mirage Drive (180=with reverse). It's a game changer for hands free fishing and boat control. Also a game changer at days end when it's time to head back to the launch. It's pretty fast and walks away from most paddlers.

I am also blown away by how much it holds. I did a pedal in water access camping trip last year and it held more than 3/4 of my camping gear inside the hull.

Just make sure you take a paddle with you when you go out.

You'd be hooped if you broke a fin. ;)

13 hours ago, Dutch01 said:

For sure. I've got the Hobie paddle the boat came with and it's always with me. In the video I posted in the kayak thread you can see it sticking out by my fish finder.

You'll notice in the video I posted that they have theirs too.

Although I don't think I'd want to have to paddle back after a marlin towed me 10 or 15 miles out to sea. ;)

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2020 at 5:48 PM, lew said:

Loved my SKEETER and had it for 10 years without an issue on boat or motor.

Cnv0398-1.jpg

It was a great musky fishing boat and we saw plenty of action together.

033-001.jpg

028.jpg007-2.jpg

But when I decided to retire from fishing I sold all my gear including the boat and this was the last day I had her and the new owner picked her up just after this picture was taken.

Kind of a sad day really.

001_1.jpg

How does one " retire" from fishing .......I don't understand 

8 hours ago, msp said:

How does one " retire" from fishing .......I don't understand 

I spose you could use other terms then "retire" but once I lost interest in fishing I quit doing it and sold everything.

14 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

if this is the face you make when you catch a big one

Its probably time to sell the rods and boat 😄

You probably wouldn't want to see me when I'm UN-happy  LOL

• Haha 4

I’ve been waiting to open this thread because January was too far from open water season for me. Now that sports will be wrapping things up for a bit I figured this would be a good night to take a look and share mine. I bought this from another member here in the spring of 2013 and it has been perfect. The single thing to fail was a winch strap a few years ago. 

B2648111-74B7-4F67-9EAA-6AA6638E84AB.jpeg

70803F47-B245-4550-ABDF-B375EE096ECD.jpeg

80C6B8D0-32FF-4C86-B20D-83D62A04D27B.jpeg

4E5F61D1-CBAA-427D-A1F0-4F3B252FEE25.jpeg

3B1D8704-DB90-4A45-AE86-E024A7D03E90.jpeg

Edited by kickingfrog
  • Like 5

On 3/11/2020 at 4:13 AM, lew said:

I spose you could use other terms then "retire" but once I lost interest in fishing I quit doing it and sold everything.

I can count on 1 hand the number of times I wet a line in the last 2 years for one reason or another. I too thought I was retired. If I wasn't out on the boat I was wading in the water in our back yard catching Smallie, Perch, Rock Bass, huge Carp or Farm animals. So I decided to make a comeback this year, body is feeling better. So since the StarCraft hasn't had the bottom of the hull wet for  2 years I took it into the area Marine dealer to make sure she is ready to go. My marine guru and buddy as well with my assistance I haven't had to see a Marine dealer for years. The ""Boat Whisperer"" Ted's health has gone for a bad turn this past winter and he sold his shop where we did all the work. He is doing better but not up to helping me or anywhere to do it nice and warm and dry. Dry as in not getting wet. As they say use it or lose it. From draining old fuel and looking into a bilge pump problem those 2 little jobs turned into a $975.00 bill I paid on Monday. But look at all the money I didn't spend in the last 2 years. It is what it is. Now I can take Ted out for a few Erie Walleye this summer. He is also "" The Pic Whisperer"" Can't wait to hit some Perch 1st at Georgina ASAP. 

• Like 1

Love my river fishing and have several river craft.....pontoons, Jon boat, canoe, kayak etc. Despite always owning a 'great lakes' boat in the past I traded in the full size truck and bigger boats in favour of a gas sipping Subaru when I returned to school a few years back. The current 'big water' boat is a pimped out Princecraft Yukon. It's been half way across both Erie and Huron a few times 😄 and what a sweet little boat for smaller waters. I may keep it tho plans are to pick up a cheaper tow vehicle and maybe my dream boat, a Kingfisher Warrior 1825 in, the next few years 

Screenshot_20200320-034052_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200320-033557_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200320-033612_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200320-033413_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200320-033341_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200320-033320_Instagram.jpg

Thumb.jpeg.jpg

Edited by aplumma
sorry but the words on the side of the boat are not appropriate.