Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

26 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

If you hold your arms out to the side when you are at WOT throttle with a 135 strapped to the back of your Skeeter can you get elevation? I believe it's a glasser but it must just fly. 

shes not nearly as quick as devil's Lund strapped with that big ass merc, but for an 18 foot boat shes fast enough to scare me lol. Chine walk when you dont have any more juice to push through it is about as scary as it gets when boating ahahaha, This boat gets on pad nicely and scoots pretty damn well when shes up on plane.

ive got it to 56mph on the GPS but that was on the right day, the right load and me riding solo. When its tournament day with a partner and a boat full of gear she does between 49 and 52 dependent on conditions. Its a bass boat though so if im driving under 37 it rides like a snowplow. I drive it 40 any time im not tournament fishing, otherwise I cant afford the gas bill. She eats premium when shes opened up. Gotta love a big carbureted two stroke lol

Skeeter makes a good hull, and considering I dont have a jack plate or a trim tab (this annoys me a lot, especially with how important trim is in a bass boat) ive spent enough time driving her now that I can get her going pretty good. I drive the boat by ear, I can tell where the sweet spot in the trim is by listening and feel and watching the GPS. The boat is scary at full throttle, It took me a while to get comfortable driving it that fast, when i first got it I couldnt do it.  Im not a total maniac but ive spent my entire life driving stuff, snowmobiles, quads, boats etc. so I drive with a bit of an edge. Enough to scare my friends too sometimes but within reason. 

If you can believe it, 130 is underpowered shes rated for a 150!

heres me scaring my buddies down on Santee Cooper catching some air lol

Edited by AKRISONER

4 hours ago, BillM said:

I've raised a few nice ski's in GPool last year but no bites, you ever wanna get out let me know!     That launch is 100% better now that they've banned overnight parking, although it could use a yard or two of gravel (Same with the launch at Upper Big Chute)

Yes I would be in 100%. We will have set something up for-sure! 

The launch has been getting better over the past couple years with the addition of the johnny on the spot and regular picking up pf the garbage. The locals who have houses adjacent to the launch are not pleased from what I've heard about the cleanliness and the people who use it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 5:48 PM, lew said:

Loved my SKEETER and had it for 10 years without an issue on boat or motor.

It was a great musky fishing boat and we saw plenty of action together.

But when I decided to retire from fishing I sold all my gear including the boat and this was the last day I had her and the new owner picked her up just after this picture was taken.

Kind of a sad day really.

Retire from fishing and sell the boat? That is not just a sad day... but a tragic day.

• Like 2

Mine is a Princecraft 162 Pro w/ 50hp Merc. Mostly I fish local lakes (Eastern Ont) w/ 1-2 people, it's an ideal size boat for that.

For getting into the smaller lakes and rivers, I have an old Springbok canoe w/ 2hp Yammie

Priincecraft.jpg.b1b6a85683cacbdae79334bf6483791c.jpg

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

The same happened to me.

That's why my boat was stored for 7 years.

The interest came back though and the boat gets used a lot now from ice out to freeze up. :)

Only been 3 years for me so the desire hasn't come back yet....but ya never know LOL

18 hours ago, Out4Trout said:

Mine is a Princecraft 162 Pro w/ 50hp Merc. Mostly I fish local lakes (Eastern Ont) w/ 1-2 people, it's an ideal size boat for that.

For getting into the smaller lakes and rivers, I have an old Springbok canoe w/ 2hp Yammie

Priincecraft.jpg.b1b6a85683cacbdae79334bf6483791c.jpg

Is it just me ,or do they put their console to far forward on their boats ? Myself, I always liked them, but this is one thing that always came to me when I looked at them .

15 hours ago, misfish said:

Is it just me ,or do they put their console to far forward on their boats ? Myself, I always liked them, but this is one thing that always came to me when I looked at them .

Maybe if your a front of the boat guy.  I’m a back of the boat guy so the farther up the better!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, porkpie said:

Maybe if your a front of the boat guy.  I’m a back of the boat guy so the farther up the better!

Yep, great lakes troller here , farther forward the better, that front platform was just a handy place to store a big cooler and the front seat hole in the floor a place for a planer board mast 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, misfish said:

I find it balances nicely, with fuel and engine weight in the back... I do a lot of downrigging and like Dave said, need the space behind the seats. Here's a side view that shows console position better...

Priincecraft2.jpg.3ce508ecbc573a5df9e83735d06ec088.jpg

Edited by Out4Trout
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 7:00 AM, DanD said:

With the bit of snow we had on the weekend I was able to get Sally out to the back lot here at the shop. Driving through foot + deep snow banks wasn't an issue. Then I tried climbing a 3-4 foot pile that the snow plow left. Got 3/4 the way over and the now wet tires started to spin inside the tracks. So back to the drawing board and came up with these cleats.

thumbnail_IMG_0147.jpg.c0bf886ae2992275eb0e347a94bf8949.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0148.jpg.66ff036588174ff79982510f2361f109.jpg

One side is about an 1/8 inch down to grab onto the tire. The other side is about a 1/4 inch to dig into the ice.

Had a few minutes to put the chains on the quad; so it's read to go as the back up vehicle if Sally craps out?

thumbnail_IMG_0149.jpg.37bc05cd20f5aff8af782938e722bc53.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0150.jpg.10819212f3553a74d67f44f6c39fc080.jpg

We're going to look like the Nipissing Hillbillies have come to town. LOL

Beverly-Hillbillies-Family-in-the-car-77

Even Rosco my basset hound is ready to go; but my wife says I can't take him with?

Rosco2.jpeg.326da5076eed5213fcc4a57e19e85325.jpeg

Dan.

8 minutes ago, misfish said:

I have spare 9ft stabilizers for that . 🤣

I've got a lot of seat time in kayaks over the last three years and I'm super impressed with how stable they are. Obv some more than others but I never considered needing a stabilizer.

I'm looking to get this one out on Simcoe this spring so maybe that will change 😂