Show us a pic of your fishing boat

Old Ironmaker

4 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

It gets me to my spot tout suite. 

It's actually a rig used by The British Marines. The Queen has plenty of $$ for fuel. 

drugboat1.jpg

DSCF1888.JPG

DSCF1890.JPG

Above is my pride and joy. 1994 StarCraft Superfisherman 190. 115 HP Mariner and matching 15 HP kicker. I had her for sale but can't bring myself to let her go. I have gifted 50% ownership of her to a close friend, he uses it as much as I do anyway. I know friends and business etc. Met him on the 1st day of school at grade 10 Football tryout, have survived 2 failed business ventures together , 1 very sucessfull business and I still can't get rid of him.  We need todo  some work on her this winter but plan to have her ready for spring Cats in The Grand River in April. That's when the 15 pound plus beasts are on the feed bag. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pigeontroller said:

Those Starcrafts look to be well built boats!

boat 002.jpg

A Lund was always what I wanted. I only shopped for a fishing rig since 1980. I finally did get my Lund. A 17' Adventurer I think it was with a 90 Yamaha used from a dealer in Simcoe. They offered a 90 day warranty on the O/B. I had them write in a hull warranty for 14 days, long story. The very 1st time we took it out the day after I got it home for it's maiden voyage it took on water, a lot of water. Lucky we didn't sink it as I had 2  former offensive linemen with me, about 900 lbs of humanity. The hull was cracked from stem to stern. I was devastated. The dealer couldn't believe it as it was a long time customer that traded it in. His kid was the last one out in it. ?????? They honored the warranty. One of the sales guys there decided to sell me his own StarCraft 12 years ago and I couldn't have more happy. That saying about 2 days being the happiest for a boat guy the day buying and selling is bunk to me. Going from 17' to 19' doesn't sound like much but it is. Much wider and deeper.

You have a nice rig there Pigeontroller. The Lund deep V's and the StarCrafts look very similar. Someone told me they shared the same hulls in certain models back in the 90's. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Loved my SKEETER and had it for 10 years without an issue on boat or motor.

Cnv0398-1.jpg

It was a great musky fishing boat and we saw plenty of action together.

033-001.jpg

028.jpg007-2.jpg

But when I decided to retire from fishing I sold all my gear including the boat and this was the last day I had her and the new owner picked her up just after this picture was taken.

Kind of a sad day really.

001_1.jpg

Edited by lew
  • Like 7

Your garage looks  bigger than the shack we are selling Lew.

16 Hoover Point Lane Selkirk On. Just in case someone who knows someone that knows a guy and or gal that might be in the market for a lakefront home. Watch fish, Smallies, Carp and Gar Pike spawn in crystal clear waters from the comfort of the deck. That should be in the real estate description. I should have them put it in actually. Upon approval of the person that owns it. 

Skeeter is a good boat. Many a Bass Pro have them. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

1 hour ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Above is my pride and joy. 1994 StarCraft Superfisherman 190. 115 HP Mariner and matching 15 HP kicker. I had her for sale but can't bring myself to let her go. I have gifted 50% ownership of her to a close friend, he uses it as much as I do anyway. I know friends and business etc. Met him on the 1st day of school at grade 10 Football tryout, have survived 2 failed business ventures together , 1 very sucessfull business and I still can't get rid of him.  We need todo  some work on her this winter but plan to have her ready for spring Cats in The Grand River in April. That's when the 15 pound plus beasts are on the feed bag. 

Nice boat...love those deep V Starcrafts. 

41 minutes ago, irishfield said:

Nov72007fishinwithlewGbay 004.jpg

Nov72007fishinwithlewGbay 022.jpg

That's a beauty. The boat not grumpy Lew. My neighbour has a similar Lund. Baron? It's so deep his kids can hardly see over the gunnels. 

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

It was nice to look through pics of those warm summer days! Rarely share a fish pic but here ya go..

20160909_124528.jpg

20161010_142317.jpg

Nice rig there Grimsby, love the Mariner. HTHM had a similar model Ranger. To me Rangers all looked the same but I know they aren't all the same. I got a blast for saying that on a boating forum., especially from a Ranger owner with a Walleye boat. 

Get them elbows tucked in. Those have to be Erie Smallies. Where is Albert? Haven't heard from him for a while. Hope all is well with Home time handy man. 

• Like 2