A few big Erie Walleye from 2018.

Old Ironmaker

I didn't get the bottom of the boat wet last year. Hopefully with all the therapy I've taken my back will hold up for a few trips out here on Erie and up north this year. Even number years are always my best years. So here are a few pics of my bigger Pics from 18'. That's me in the green shirt, 35 lbs lighter than a few years before and a few years younger than today. The ugly guy is our former Mayor of Hooterville On. Every time it was time to take his boat out he had a town council meeting to prepare for!!!! Cheap ^&*$%. 

. Wow I actually posted photos. A monster has been created. 

DSCF1617.JPG

DSCF1625.JPG

DSCF1632.JPG

DSCF1634.JPG

DSCF1635.JPG

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Ah, another face for radio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nice eyes. The fish that is.

Too late for that. I stared on a few Bollywood blockbusters way back when I was young,fit and handsome. For the handsome part you would have to ask my lady, she thought so 27 years ago, so she says. For the young and fit part I came in 2nd in The Mr. Beansville Body Building competition. I was the only one entered. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

. For the young and fit part I came in 2nd in The Mr. Beansville Body Building competition. I was the only one entered. 

I’m stealing this lol

i agree about the smooth moves chair. I don’t need one personally but have ran chop in one and they are niceeeee

those are some bloody big eyes

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

I’m stealing this lol

i agree about the smooth moves chair. I don’t need one personally but have ran chop in one and they are niceeeee

those are some bloody big eyes

Feel free to use it Akrisoner. I have had a few laughs with it over the years and I actually didn't steal it. One of those seats would be nice out here. The price is up there starting at 500 bucks the last time I looked. A few of us old guys were talking about going to the truck and heavy equipment bone yard here and taking out one of the drivers seats that do the same thing. It ain't rocket science to install one. They are heavy yes but so are the seats they sell for boats. Charlie Wray that has the fishing show has one on his Crestliner and he advertises them. I sat in his at the marine dealer we both go to. It would be nice.

Yep those are bigguns, 2 fillets will feed 4 hungry folks. Cheeks bigger than toonies. We all save the cheeks and have a cheek only feast the end of the year. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

6 hours ago, Musky Plug said:

Those are some hawgs! Erie is a great fishery. 

If you have back issues you should look into smooth moves for you chairs. They are pricey but a friend of mine has them that also has back issues and says they’ve been great for his back. 

I'm looking at the price point for one and then I just now came to my senses. I'll spend that on a few rods and reels, hardware at 15 bucks each and ferget aboud the fuel to get out 10 miles to the fish and back but won't for the sake of my body. How stupid is that? Time to take a ride out to the truck bone yard to see what they have. Then if that doesn't work pony up the Simolians and stop being cheap and stupid. Thanks for the reminder about those seats Musky Plug. Heck you probably have 500 bucks tied up in Musky Plugs in your back up tackle box for what you nuts pay for those bricks you toss. 

On 1/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

I'm looking at the price point for one and then I just now came to my senses. I'll spend that on a few rods and reels, hardware at 15 bucks each and ferget aboud the fuel to get out 10 miles to the fish and back but won't for the sake of my body. How stupid is that? Time to take a ride out to the truck bone yard to see what they have. Then if that doesn't work pony up the Simolians and stop being cheap and stupid. Thanks for the reminder about those seats Musky Plug. Heck you probably have 500 bucks tied up in Musky Plugs in your back up tackle box for what you nuts pay for those bricks you toss. 

They’re awesome seats. I’ve tried them on Erie when I was with my friend navigating 4ft + rollers in his 22 foot walleye boat. Worked well and my back was fine. The third guy who didn’t have one said he felt 2” shorter from spinal compression lol. And yes I’ve been told I have a problem lol. But hey have to get ready for that body building comp somehow lol 😎

I once was 5'11.5", I am now 5'10', 6'2" in the 70's with the Disco platform shoes, ha!

I'm doing my therapy exercises, getting ready for the lunkers in 2020. I walked about a mile today. 

19 hours ago, Moosebunk said:

Get that back in shape, keep it in shape and get more of those fish. Docs orders!

See above Doc. 

• 2 months later...