Go pro camera

moses

Mrs got me a Hero 8 Black for xmas.  Way more than I need but man, the picture quality is amazing.  Depends what you want to do with it.  If its for worst and giggles, you don't need the latest and greatest.  I use mine for snowmobiling, battery life sux in the cold but Amazon fixed that...lol.

One thing about the gopros, is the extras seem better than the copycats.  I mean the software, apps for your smartphone, etc.

IMHO, its almost always best to go with the original.

I spent the last couple of hours reading and comparing, some info I surmize must be taken with a grain or two of salt.  A lot of the off brands appear to be getting better in one thing or another,  some getting better stablization, some better video and low light conditions, etc but not all features together.  I would say that features are no doubt related to price and how much you want to fork over for your pleasure and grumble a little more or less.  No doubt Go Pro is still the leader with a couple of similar priced ones nipping their heels.  Go Pro has a couple of good sales until you peer closely and see it's listed in US funds, poof goes that idea.  Akaso Pro SE, seems to be another of the ones that will give you reasonably good features and end results.  The only thing I would really want(not need) one for is ATV riding and maybe in the boat.

This can be a slippery slope. all the extras that you need/want can become very expensive. as some have mentioned here in the thread, you would need at a minimum a battery pack and decent memory card. Some of the newer versions are only compatible with good quality memory cards. Not a big deal but an additional $100 on top of the purchase price. I just got one last year and still havnt figured it out yet. a bit of a pain in the a$$ actually

On 1/23/2020 at 9:07 PM, Fisherman said:

Just by chance I noticed the Go Pro 7 Silver on sale this weekend, but after reading a stack of reviews doesn't come close to the 7 Black.  I may do some more reading about the other models TJ mentioned.

If you shop at Costco, check them out. The price is decent and they always throw in a couple of bonus items with theirs.

• Like 1