Go pro camera

moses

Im thinking about getting a cheaper version just t wear as a body cam when im out and about.. for example yesterday I was in the bush and ran smack into 4 beautiful deer that ran around me for a bit.  I would have loved to have footage of that! 

I am not sure what is your budget. If you can afford GoPro Hero 7 Black, even the used one, it would be all you need. Waterproof, excellent image stabilization, etc.
Another option would be GoPro Hero 6 Black. 
If you are thinking about alternatives, I would recommend checking its codecs, accessories, batteries, waterproofing (if you need one), cases, etc

The GoPro 7 Black has been discounted with the release of the 8's.  They are amazing cameras.  Most impressive is the video stabilization.  You can run with the camera in your hand, and the video literally floats like drone footage.  The audio quality has been tremendously improved over the prior versions.  I have used the 6's and didn't come close to the 7's.  Low light conditions are managed well through software and lens.  You will be amazed.  I can't speak for any other competitive devices, but I can assure you that the 7's will do the job.  I mount them on my snowmobile and motorcycle helmets, to the side around the cheek.  And when I don't have a bucket on, I use the head mount which is similar to how your headlamp straps to your noggin.  Gopro's now have voice command, so when it's mounted on my head rather than chasing the on button you can tell it to start recording, alternatively available are remote controls.

5 hours ago, Fisherman said:

I think the funniest one was you torture testing the Bass Pro socks a number of years ago.

Try that with the new ones. Their CRAP. POS socks . They ruined a good thing.

OP I have the session 5. Works great, but for the price of a 1.5" cube camera, it,s pricey. Crap, I forgot again today to buy a new SD card.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, discophish said:

The GoPro 7 Black has been discounted with the release of the 8's.  They are amazing cameras.  Most impressive is the video stabilization.  You can run with the camera in your hand, and the video literally floats like drone footage.  The audio quality has been tremendously improved over the prior versions.  I have used the 6's and didn't come close to the 7's.  Low light conditions are managed well through software and lens.  You will be amazed.  I can't speak for any other competitive devices, but I can assure you that the 7's will do the job.  I mount them on my snowmobile and motorcycle helmets, to the side around the cheek.  And when I don't have a bucket on, I use the head mount which is similar to how your headlamp straps to your noggin.  Gopro's now have voice command, so when it's mounted on my head rather than chasing the on button you can tell it to start recording, alternatively available are remote controls.

Just by chance I noticed the Go Pro 7 Silver on sale this weekend, but after reading a stack of reviews doesn't come close to the 7 Black.  I may do some more reading about the other models TJ mentioned.

If you are looking to go for a GoPro and interested in spending the additional money, I think the Hero8 Black is a fantastic option. I have a Hero6 and I find the frame to be a pain. The Hero8 gets rid of the frame and allows for additional attachments. Plus better image stabilization. If you have the ability to order/ship to the US, GoPro currently has a $100 off promotion if you trade in any camera.

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, moses said:

Im thinking of adding a camera to my fishing outing out of my aluminium boat. Im looking for possibly

a Go Pro. But i dont know which  one to chose. Probably a used one. Any suggestions would be valuable.

Check out the Akaso V50 pro, or elite models. Very good reviews, lots on youtube. Camera and all the accessories can be had right now from $138 to $190 depending on model. Save some bucks on the camera and use your savings to buy mounts for it or lures.

My next purchase for sure.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:08 AM, big guy said:

Check out the Akaso V50 pro, or elite models. Very good reviews, lots on youtube. Camera and all the accessories can be had right now from $138 to $190 depending on model. Save some bucks on the camera and use your savings to buy mounts for it or lures.

My next purchase for sure.

I bought the Akaso v50 pro SE. Great little camera, good build quality and even better video and picture. Simple to use and yes, half the price of the "bigger names".  No issues with is thus far.

The mark up on the GoPro accessories is ridiculous. I needed the shorty floating stick for a trip, 10 bucks on Amazon... The GoPro version - $30 at Walmart.

• Like 1