Non Outdoor Posts

TJQ

So the last few months we've had quite a few complaints about the shenanigans that go on, generally in Non Fishing Posts, around here.  Seems like some people just can't be reasonable and are offending quite a few folks sometimes very deliberately.   We do our very best to try to keep this a moderated board, it's not facebook after all and we want everyone to feel comfortable here.  I have never ever been a big fan of removing/banning people from the forum / board.  I also have tried my best to keep most of the discussions in one place, (for 20 years now)  but sadly I think we are done with that... so without any further ado, were announcing a couple changes for the better. 

1st thing: all posts that are not Fishing or at least outdoors or outdoor equipment related should be posted in our new sub forum. (if they are not, they will be moved there)

You'll notice we've moved some posts there already!  We've had a lot of feedback from folks that really only want to see fishing or outdoor posts when they first get on there, but I've always said that as a COMMUNITY we should feel free to be able to ask for help and discuss subjects that are not outdoor related, so now there is a special spot for that!

2nd thing:  We're going to start using some of our Moderation tools a bit more effectively.  If a member can't be reasonable, they will be put on whats called ModQ, which means for a period of time all posts will have to be approved by a moderator when one happens log in.  Honestly, if a user (ANY USERS - OLD OR NEW) can't be reasonable here and feels the need to troll there are plenty of other places to do it.  We will be using this tool more and more in the coming months.  If you can't say something nice or in the very least constructive, please don't say anything at all.. (Your Mom should have taught you this already)

So that's about it.  Have a great day everyone!!  Be Safe Out There. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• TJQ featured this topic

It's too bad the sandbox got messy cuz it was nice (for me anyways) to see the mix of topics on the same page. I totally understand that the time had come for these measures, and I hope this will smooth things out.

Mod life is a thankless job, been there, done that. still have the t ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, captpierre said:

Holy Moly. Even my walleye combover post got the boot. 😳

Yup that was me. Lol.  A political post wrapped in a fillet.

• Like 2