Hello from the Alabama Gulf Coast

Crimsongulf

As an explanation for the rather strange thread topic, in 1985, I married a lovely young lady from Belleville.  The family always had a cottage in Napanee, and now that time has progressed and we are now in our retirement years, we have bought the cottage and will be spending most of the summer there.

It has been many years since I have fished fresh water, but not a novice to fishing as we live on Mobile Bay with an inshore bay boat and a near shore center console.  That being said, over the years on short vacations to the cottage I have done a small amount of fishing on Hay Bay, but not a lot.

With the cottage we have an old 14 Starcraft tiller with a 25 Johnny rude and an 18 ft Starcraft Holiday with a 70 Johnny rude.

Now if we can just get a decent water level this coming summer, I will be here to keep my mouth shut and learn.

Cheers and Roll Tide

Edited by Crimsongulf

Welcome to the board Crimsongulf, you'll like it here.

I started fishing & camping at Hay Bay with my family waaaaay back in 1955 and continued for the better part of 50 years and I've got a lifetime of memories to go with it.

You've got a great area to spend your summers.

Welcome aboard!  

I don't think your the first member from Bama..

Congrats on getting the cottage!  That's such a great area!  

Do you plan on ice fishing in the area?  Or maybe plan on renting your cottage out cheap to some fellow ice fisherman in the winter??  :whistling:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Crimsongulf. Hay Bay  is smack dab in the middle of some of the best Walleye fishing in North America. Fished Hay Bay every fall up to a few years ago. We used downriggers and planner boards to get the bait to the Walleye but you can do it with a 14'er without all the stuff as well. Just heed all the wind and weather reports before going out. The Bay of Quinte can be a mean mother at the drop of a hat. 

My condolences to your team and yourself this past season. We can't win the National Championship every year even if coach Saban and we expect to. I am a Bama fan as well. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Welcome to the board, some of the best fisherpeople in the world on here.

I'm in Myrtle Beach this winter and having a wonderful time.

Met a fellow that owns a condo in Destin FL  and he has offered me a really good deal if I want to spend next winter over there.  I am thinking about it, how far would that be from your stomping grounds?

5 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Welcome to the board, some of the best fisherpeople in the world on here.

I'm in Myrtle Beach this winter and having a wonderful time.

Met a fellow that owns a condo in Destin FL  and he has offered me a really good deal if I want to spend next winter over there.  I am thinking about it, how far would that be from your stomping grounds?

About 80 miles by car and about 55 by boat..  Our place is 18 miles from the Florida line across Perdido Pass.

Edited by Crimsongulf