I don't do the hill. LOL

If Calum says, it,s word in my books.

On 1/20/2020 at 4:20 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

Today's sat image of Great Slave. 

Looks hard.  😁 

The little red X is where my cabin is.

Capture.JPG.3b68806cfe697bbd857163cfadeefce8.JPG

Looks Good Buddy

I want to ice fish Prosperous some time.

Wife will be up there mid Feb.

I just might try for next year.

And that X is in a pretty nice spot

- 45 for a month though...how much extension you got for the auger

I think most of us are getting cabin fever down here in the south, as opposed to the Great White North.  I was out this morning on a favourite "first ice" spot, and about one-third the way to the fishing hole I was on 2.75 inches of ice.  It was good clear ice, but there was a pressure ridge between me and my intended spot...................and we turned around.  Plus temps forecast for the next while, it might be February before we get on to the ice down here.

Doug

No cabin fever here

Ice is good, snowmobile trails are good, heading for a week of riding saturday.

My view on ice is, I check it, if I can say, yup, I think its ok, I stay off. If I say..crap, tons of ice, then I go on.

I do not need iffy ice

3 hours ago, Dara said:

No cabin fever here

Ice is good, snowmobile trails are good, heading for a week of riding saturday.

My view on ice is, I check it, if I can say, yup, I think its ok, I stay off. If I say..crap, tons of ice, then I go on.

I do not need iffy ice

No cabin fever there, and you're not down here in the banana belt!😉

20 minutes ago, akaShag said:

No cabin fever there, and you're not down here in the banana belt!😉

I guess you pick your poison.

Report says I will be blowing the driveway every night for the next 2 weeks.

Moved here almost 45 years ago and never looked back.

My old fishing partner lives in Kingston...he kinda bums out now and again too

I was out yesterday afternoon around the 7th line of innisfil, sketchy ice to me, 2 inches or so of soft ice that you broke through occasionally when walking on it and then maybe 2-3 inches of good ice underneath, I did not go out very far, little uncomfortable for me. Maybe another week, hopefully. What a crazy winter, it seemed like it would be a long winter in November.

1 hour ago, LefroyFisherman said:

I was out yesterday afternoon around the 7th line of innisfil, sketchy ice to me, 2 inches or so of soft ice that you broke through occasionally when walking on it and then maybe 2-3 inches of good ice underneath, I did not go out very far, little uncomfortable for me. Maybe another week, hopefully. What a crazy winter, it seemed like it would be a long winter in November.

Just back from the bay here. Bare ice areas are 6" but still soft under areas where snow was. 1.5-3 ". Anyone know a bait to catch cell phones :wallbash:

12 minutes ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Ouch, that sucks... magnet?

I watched it on the finder. It was straight down at the 20 fow mark, then disappeared. I am sure it,s way off my hole location. That will teach me to use the light for the hut. It worked great in my old hut, nice snug fit. This one well, not so snug I guess. If it was a 6" hole, it would of missed. LOL

44 minutes ago, misfish said:

Just back from the bay here. Bare ice areas are 6" but still soft under areas where snow was. 1.5-3 ". Anyone know a bait to catch cell phones :wallbash:

ugh !!!!!  mark the spot and see if someone wants to go down when the water is warmer ? if there a ton of pics etc on it, might be worth paying a diver to fish for it

Just now, woodenboater said:

ugh !!!!!  mark the spot and see if someone wants to go down when the water is warmer ? if there a ton of pics etc on it, might be worth paying a diver to fish for it

It,s a work cell. No pics really. Just all my contacts. Not looking forward to Monday morning and explaining this. LOL

4 hours ago, misfish said:

Brian, really, you know those strings your mom put on your mitts, gonna pay you a visit, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, misfish said:

I watched it on the finder. It was straight down at the 20 fow mark, then disappeared. I am sure it,s way off my hole location. That will teach me to use the light for the hut. It worked great in my old hut, nice snug fit. This one well, not so snug I guess. If it was a 6" hole, it would of missed. LOL

The very 1st time I took my lady icefishing on Erie for perch I just dropped her line down the hole and she got a fish on. I leaned over the hole to get it and my brand new Oakley 's dropped straight down 8'. By the time I put a treble hook on my line to grapple it the current took it for a ride. I  was famous for dropping my phone down the toilet.  You got some esplainin' to do Lucy.

Rain, rain go away. I don't like snow but will take it after what seems like 3 months of rain. Bad for the old bones and joints. 

Somehow those phones always manage to hit that 6 inch hole in the hut and never land anywhere but the bullseye

few years back mine fell outta my bib, I watched it bounce between my feet and then take off like a rocket and slide 3 feet across the hut for a perfect hole in one. I’ve never made such a beauty shot in 20 years of golfing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, misfish said:

I wonder how many cell phones are at the bottom  of that lake, I  know I donated one a few years ago😊