Today’s Satellite image of Simcoe

captpierre

Erie doesn't have an inch of ice on shore. But it sure is cold. The lakeshore trees are all covered in ice cycles from splashing waves yesterday. I haven't stuck my nose outside once today. and don't plan on it. The garbage pail and blue boxes will still be there tomorrow, or the day after. As soon as I think about going outside I just remember those frozen body parts working on the docks in February and turn up the heat.  

Edited by Old Ironmaker

34 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

So Dave if I have this right you are actually on a portion of the Yellowknife River north of route 4,  Ingraham trail?

Cheers

Pretty sure he's on Prosperous L. 

And that crack off BBP must be about 100m wide in that pic.  At least most of the snow has blown off kemp already.

48 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Apparently the bear point boys are out catching whities walking.

Really eh.  As in this morning?  Or on the weekend.  It would have been insanely sketchy out that way on the weekend with that raging wind and 2" of ice..

Im pretty stoked for this weekend.  Going out for sure both days.  Then thursday and friday next week.  Quit my job, now I have a few days off to ice fish!!!

25 minutes ago, NAW said:

Really eh.  As in this morning?  Or on the weekend.  It would have been insanely sketchy out that way on the weekend with that raging wind and 2" of ice..

Im pretty stoked for this weekend.  Going out for sure both days.  Then thursday and friday next week.  Quit my job, now I have a few days off to ice fish!!!

yesterday. Callum Johnsons instagram has him standing on probably close to 4 inches of clear ice catching whities.

10 hours ago, Chuck Enwinde said:

Pretty sure he's on Prosperous L. 

Yep, it's connected to the Yellowknife River in the Southwest end.

The river is navigable all the way to Yellowknife with a good jet boat.

Watched  a couple of boats with big inboard jets run up the rapids.

Pretty impressive to watch.