Ice ice baby

misfish

I really hope you guys get your ice. I don't think there was ever a winter when we wanted to hit the ice we couldn't find any. Nipp always had ice, every winter 30 plus yrs ago. It has to be frustrating for you guys Brian. Cold enough down here today to make ice but far too late for any safe ice this year in Southern Ont. Reminds me I have to cover my Palm trees. 

49 minutes ago, lew said:

Good luck tomorrow Brian, hope all this snow doesn't mess up the ice too much for you.

Well at least the wind is blowing and the snow is light. Hope there's an ice path for walking in the morning. Thank goodness it,s only a short walk .LOL

45 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

It has to be frustrating for you guys Brian.

We get good years and bad years. I still remember 2012. Main lake never froze up and we had that big rescue out on the bay. I fished the river more then I did the lake that winter.

52 minutes ago, misfish said:

Well at least the wind is blowing and the snow is light. Hope there's an ice path for walking in the morning. Thank goodness it,s only a short walk .LOL

We get good years and bad years. I still remember 2012. Main lake never froze up and we had that big rescue out on the bay. I fished the river more then I did the lake that winter.

More bad years than good years now. My niece and nephew and the kids are ardent snowboarders. They have to travel to Quebec in the last few years if they want to find good snow. Man made and plus temps make ice here like Blue Mountain. I just spoke to her and they have a trip booked to Vermont. Even there conditions are sketchy. It was normal for us to have great skiing conditions as early as the 1st week of December even in November one year. In the 70's it really snowed. I remember the plant being shut down for almost an entire week mid 70's. Nothing could move by rail or rubber tire. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Holy work out. Sure glad I bought those NATS. There were some bare spots still, but mostly deep snow drifts . The crack had sunk and finding a spot to cross was a bit tricky. Did not get to my spot,was to hard walking and dragging all the gear. Managed to lose a whitie and caught a stinky pike. Was in such a hurry this morning, no camera and no cell. Slow down ole man. LOL

• Like 3

Yeah way too much snow. Hurt my back.  Getting out to where you were .
going to suffer for a while.    Damn walking.  Lol

if man was meant to walk , god wouldn’t have given us ATVs 

lol

Edited by Terry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, misfish said:

Holy work out. Sure glad I bought those NATS. There were some bare spots still, but mostly deep snow drifts . The crack had sunk and finding a spot to cross was a bit tricky. Did not get to my spot,was to hard walking and dragging all the gear. Managed to lose a whitie and caught a stinky pike. Was in such a hurry this morning, no camera and no cell. Slow down ole man. LOL

I wish I could have made it out with you guys!!   The weekend turned out to be a gong show. 

I was watching that crack all week.  Was wondering if it was going to cause issues.    

Should be locked up tight by next weekend eh?  I have the weekend off and will be out both mornings!