Big rain coming 😳

captpierre

2 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

My favorite run was the Glades.

Loved moguls in between trees. 😁

One of my buddies that I skied with was on the Canadian freestyle team.

He could ski the Wall like it was the bunny run. Dude was amazing.

I was never a mogul guy. There was mogul hill at Chedoke Golf course in Hamilton. To me it looked like skiing down the side of a wall. The 1st time I ran it I tore a knee cartilage that took me out all winter. The next year somehow the handle of my pole hit me square in the jaw and I broke it, my jaw not the pole. That took me out of my Sr. year of Basketball and skiing that winter. I know when to pack something in. If I had gone to shorter skis I'm sure it would have turned out better. I think I was running on 195 CM K2's. Pretty long. What did I know at 17, not much and a zero budget to buy shorter skis.  

Edited by Old Ironmaker

If people knew the actual stats on how many people die on ski resorts each year, the bubble people probably wouldnt ski

In Ontario its crashing and smackin your head that will get you, but its a regular thing out west for people to found dead stuck in tree wells etc etc. The resorts keep the details very tight lipped obviously due to the PR.

I know for a fact during my years snowboarding on three separate occasions people have died on the hill while ive been snowboarding. When you think about it ive probably only snowboarded a few hundred days in my life meaning that the ratio is incredibly bad!

1 hour ago, SirCranksalot said:

Blue Mtn certainly has it's share of deaths and serious injuries. 

Last time I was there I fell forward and slided on probably 20 feet on ice.  Chest was scraped up pretty good.  I knew it was going to be a bad one so I lifted my head and legs up in the air as I glided smoothly over the ice lol.  Planning on going again this year and will definitely be wearing a helmet.