New Years Eve Traditions

npt1

Many years ago it was the wild party my Aunt and Uncle threw every year. Our neighbour, Terry, would dress up as the old year. My Uncle would be dressed,  wearing nothing but a giant diaper, as the baby New Year.  It was a good thing we all lived within crawling distance. 

Today our household does nothing.  I usually go ice fishing.

Edited by bigugli
  • Like 1

Every New Years Eve for the 53 years we've been married...'cept the ones I worked...we've ordered in a huge feast of Chinese food and tonight will be no exception and I'm picking it up at 5:00.

I should be about 6 pounds heavier this time tomorrow LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was tradition for a few of us kids to visit the EMERG in Hamilton every New Years day. We would try and ski down the ungroomed hill that we Hamiltonians call a mountain. Not a smart thing to try. 

Then when we got older hanging around 1000 other Italians at dinner dances was in vogue, still is. We actually went 3 years ago. I wanted to leave around 10 but was the designated driver. I can't do the Hustle like I once did circa 77'.

When I was a kid in the early 60's it was traditional that neighbours and Dad would bring out the shotguns and fire off a few at midnight. Tragically one night some duffus on the mountain fired off a slug and a little girl was killed. That tradition thankfully ended. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

last night we went to dinner at one of my daughter’s with two other and their family. She is one of those gourmet cooks and it was great.

Today  at my house with  nice calamari dish to start Italian soup (AI knows) pasta dish and then Roasted lamb and desserts. Wine for all and then home they go!