AKRISONER

Worst vehicle you ever owned

Been working on cars for the last 45 years and all I can say is that there are no bad cars; it's just that some are just more challenging then others. Like what I say to a customer when they're complaining about their vehicle. I didn't build it, I didn't buy it, I didn't break it; I'm only here to fix it. LOL

Even my 1950 Chevy Styleline Deluxe was way under powered; but I fixed that with a Vortec 4800. Nice step up from the 92hp six cylinder to the 280hp V8 of this injected motor.

IMG_0097.jpg.ab20469560c19f3cc90f97d0ec70d545.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg.33e612e6d6a723e7e83de61f966620a3.jpg

Having the body restored and hope to have her back on the road this spring.

IMG_2966.JPG.1a732846ddc36a4ff607dc746f3ea141.JPG

Dan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mrphotoman said:

😝 What a money pit.

Nobody ever said Pinto's were a good investment LOL

• Haha 1

Ford Contour (never again, Ford 🤣).  Circa 1997 (can't remember). Got it used and it was ok as long as the warranty lasted. Got to the end of the 5 year and.... basically started falling apart weekly. Got me stranded on the highway once with two small kids, going up north.

1 hour ago, mdfa.ca said:

Ford Contour (never again, Ford 🤣).  Circa 1997 (can't remember). Got it used and it was ok as long as the warranty lasted. Got to the end of the 5 year and.... basically started falling apart weekly. Got me stranded on the highway once with two small kids, going up north.

Friend of mine had a Mercury Mystique (same car) and they had 3 transmissions put in it under warranty. They were not too happy with theirs either.

I drive a 4Runner now for 6 yrs. So far so good. Before that I put 400k kms each on 3 Safari vans. Minimal problems. Brakes went 120k kms. Take 8 people, gear and tow 5000lb. I’d have bought a 4th but they stopped making them. Toaster on wheels. 

Edited by captpierre
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, captpierre said:

I drive a 4Runner now for 6 yrs. So far so good. Before that I put 400k kms on 3 Safari vans. Minimal problems. Brakes went 120k kms. Take 8 people, gear and tow 5000lb. I’d have bought a 4th but they stopped making them. Toaster on wheels. 

The Safari's were nice vehicles and very comfortable to drive.

I bought a new one in '96 and drove it for 5 years then ventured over to the dark side and bought a 2001 Dodge pick-up. Only kept that one for 3 years and went back to GMC and bought a new '05 Safari. 

Yup, really nice vans and I never had a single issue with either one.