Worst vehicle you ever owned

I will throw a 2008 mini cooper S in to the mix. Poorly designed that year with issues with oil cooler leaks and being easily damaged by engine temperatures. It also had issues with carbon build up  requiring a  $900.oo decarb using a BMW dealer only machine to do it. I guess I had more heart burn over the dealers attempts to jerk a lot of money out of your pocket every time it went in for repairs or maintenance. This is why BMW and Mini Coopers are no longer on my buy list. 

Art

On 12/29/2019 at 11:20 AM, Fisherman said:

Arctic Cat, (now Textron), Polaris and Canned Ham are the three worst when it comes to ATV's.

except honda and yamaha dont make legal 2up ATV's, so if you want  2up, you HAVE to own one of these three you just listed. Stuff breaks on anything, theres always going to be maintenance. 

2008 malibu. Thing ran great but the door latches would freeze up and you would either get stuck in the car or have to close the door 15 times before it latched...

2013 Chevy Equinox, Motor was burning oil at 130,000K. To the point where it was fixed under warranty. They had an issue with the type of piston rings that were used being too soft and they would prematurely wear allowing more oil than normal to get passed the rings. They fixed that and then my Cats were all clogged up by 170,000. The stupinf ecotech motors have two cats on them so to fix with OEM parts was going to be $4,000. I said screw it and drove it like that for another year before more things piled up. In the end, traded it in for a 2018 Cadillac ATS 2.0T and so far have had very minor issue. But... these 2.0T's are known for popping Cylinder number one so only time will tell. Absolutely a blast to drive though!

2004 F150 had no cab corners or rockers by the time I replaced it in 2013 but other than the dreaded spark plugs in that motor, didn't have many problems.

and my 2013 Sierra I bought new has not given me a single problem. Mind you, she hasn't hit 70,000K yet so we will see. Plan is to give it to my son on his 16th birthday in 2.5 years so I'll be getting something different next time around.

On 12/31/2019 at 3:29 PM, Musky Plug said:

08 Ford F150 King Ranch. 5.4L Triton engine. Loved that truck, minus the engine of course. Got it and all was well for 6 months, then the engine blew at 159 000kms pulling up to the stop sign 500ft from my house. Ended up trading it in for $2500 to a dealer in Toronto and got a 17 F150 with a 5L. Haven't had a problem since. 

That 3V 5.4 was such a pile of garbage lol.   Ex-gf had one in her Expedition.  

Nissan Xterra's and everything I have owned from Nissan. I have owned 2 Pathfinders one that was new and 2 Xterra's which are both sitting in my driveway with blown computers. I have yet to reach 200,000km on any Nissan I have owned, and never will! I now own a Toyota 4runner. Best vehicle so far has been Toyota Prius Hybrid, 340,000km and have only ever spent money on brake pads $3o

Edited by Mike P

5 hours ago, Mike P said:

Nissan Xterra's and everything I have owned from Nissan. I have owned 2 Pathfinders one that was new and 2 Xterra's which are both sitting in my driveway with blown computers. I have yet to reach 200,000km on any Nissan I have owned, and never will! I now own a Toyota 4runner. Best vehicle so far has been Toyota Prius Hybrid, 340,000km and have only ever spent money on brake pads $3o

Sad to hear. Nissan was a name change from Datsun so something fishy there re name brand quality recognition IMO. Hey maybe more $ will go into quality now that the Nissan CEO has fled Japan with overhanging fraud/embezzlement type charges pending against him.

Best place for quality advice and humor is ole Scotty Kilmer on utube.

I have had no such issues with any of mine besides normal wear and tear.

but I also have had no issues with my ecodiesel , I actually really love mine.  

we can search the internet and find ppl who have good and bad things to say about everything.  I for one will stand behind my artic cat, precious Polaris and can am products, I have been happy.

To all the people claiming rust ate the vehicle... did you rust proof? I hear people complaining about rust all the time.. but never thought to rust proof. Krown, fluid film ect.. the stuff works if applied correctly. My '12 ram is spotless.. I've seen '15s rusted out already.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 9:25 AM, DRIFTER_016 said:

My last 4 vehicles have all been Honda's.

The current one is a 2005 Honda Pilot that I've had since 2008.

Just got back from an 11,000km round trip to Ontario.

Still running strong at almost 15 years old.

Looking for something a little bigger for my next vehicle so it will be a new Toyota Tundra in a couple of years.  ;)

dude, you had a $6k repair on a Pilot Ontario trip? lol

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:34 AM, Mike P said:

I have an 09 Nissan Versa with 180 K on it. Never rust proofed it, no rust on the body just a little surface rust on the frame around one back window. 1.6 engine runs good does not eat any oil.  

2000-2004 Dodge Dakota's.

Had 3 of them. Loved the size and look at the time. But man were they ever prone to all sorts of issues. The main one is after about 100K the left side exhaust manifold bolts would shear off and it would separate from the block. Happened with all 3 of them. You could hear me coming from miles away. 

For the most part the cars I have owned have done well by me (Ford F150 1999, Ford Ranger 2002, Hyuandai Santa Fe 2010 and a 2019 F150 which i just got in May)

I will say that I will never buy a Mazda though - my parents had one and the trani dropped at 110,000 KMS (Protege guessing 1991 ish) and my wife had to the replace the trani on her Mazda 5 with 80,000 KM.  Part of what I didnt like was that the Mazda 5 was covered under warranty but Mazda fought for 2 weeks saying you didnt do oil changes,  oh you did but we don't recognize that dealer and so forth.  Eventually they covered it but was PITA

knock on wood I have never had an issue since buying new20yrs ago, I have driven a Dodge ram 1500 since I was 30 and trade them in every 4-5 yrs or 10k before the 100K powertran warranty runs out, what ever comes first. Prior to buying new vehicles I owned a number of $2-4K used vehicles, other than routine maintenance they have all satisfied my needs. My current 2017 Ram is going in next yr for a 2020 model.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:46 PM, Fisherman said:

I thought there was a massive recall on them and they reframed the trucks.  Maybe the date rusted off too.  Only 2 things don't please me with them are the high fuel use and seats that don't fit my grumpy back, otherwise ok.

my buddy had his rusted out frame replaced on his Tacoma. Had to kick and scream for a bit but they did it. practically had to rebuild the truck

Just saw this thread...1972 Ford Pinto. Bought it it off a mechanic who made some engine modifications, changed the carburetor and basically made it one fast little pinto. When I purchased it looked great, ran fast and sounded like a small plane coming down the road. That lasted all of one year then the rust started eating the car, the engine modifications made it difficult to maintain and lost about a 3rd of the horsepower, electrical started to act up. Finally no tears were lost when I saw the backend of the car as it was being towed to the scrap yard 2 years later. 😝 What a money pit.