Worst vehicle you ever owned

1979 Audi 5000S. Bought it as a demonstrator with 5000 miles on it. I went through valve stem seals like potato chips. Starters, alternators, cracked frame, McPherson struts, the list is long within the 1st year. Then 2 snapped timing chains before 80,000 miles and the resultant thrown rods. I paid at least twice for that car. ad a nice Blaupunk stereo though. 

2003 Chrysler Intrepid. junk 3 transmission computer modules at a grand a pop. I went through a set of tires every 40 to 50 thousand K's. Could never get the thing aligned. I will never, ever, buy another Chrysler product. 

Best car believe it or not, 1986 Hyundai Excel with a little 4 banger and 4 speed. l. Bought brand new for my former wife. $7200.00 all in. She never had a problem in the 4 years she had it. I insisted on a manual tranny which she had to learn to drive. Oil and filter, that's it. Traded in on a new Hyundai. 

I’ll throw a Toyota on the list. My 93? Toyota 4Runner. All in all it was incredibly reliable, comfortable and capable. It also drank fuel like a race car (worse than my late 70’s 3/4 ton suburban or over carbed 77 camaro) and provided some of the most anemic acceleration I’ve ever seen. Passing on a two lane highway was I’ll advisable unless you could see for miles. In retrospect I’d say it was a great vehicle with a garbage motor. Reliable though.

1 hour ago, Weeds said:

I’ll throw a Toyota on the list. My 93? Toyota 4Runner. All in all it was incredibly reliable, comfortable and capable. It also drank fuel like a race car (worse than my late 70’s 3/4 ton suburban or over carbed 77 camaro) and provided some of the most anemic acceleration I’ve ever seen. Passing on a two lane highway was I’ll advisable unless you could see for miles. In retrospect I’d say it was a great vehicle with a garbage motor. Reliable though.

I had the same one, pass only on a down hill with a tail wind!  Otherwise great.

6 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

I’ve literally already decided that will be my next truck when my dodge inevitably prematurely explodes 

I'm leaning the same way in the very near future.  Just have to sell the house and get into my new place and my little Cruze (2017) will be gone.  Yes the new Toyota's have problems too like all brands but I hear much less about them than the other brands for a full size truck.  

I grew up driving nothing but Ford or GM Products. Several years ago I bought a new Chev. It was a piece of junk, at 70,000 km it had been in the shop 9 times for significant repairs. I called GM and asked them to at least extend the warranty. They told me that the car had almost 80,000 km on it so I should expect a few little things to go wrong. Basically they treated me like crap.

I explained that in the almost 80,000 km they hadn't been able to get it to work right. I finally had to threaten to sue them before they agreed to have the dealership go over it. Cost the dealership $1800.00 just in parts to bring it up to snuff.I had it repaired and sold it the next day.

Next I went to Nissan, JUNK, JUNK, JUNK, problem after problem, I  was very disappointed. Over the years I had 4 of them and it was always the same, lack of quality and no customer service.

Then I went to Toyota, WOW, Quality, customer service, I am so impressed! I am currently driving a 2019 RAV 4, excellent gas millage, (6.7L/100km) Comfortable to drive, runs like a dream, and when I do go in for service they treat me like family.

Took me almost 60 years but I now have a car I can rely on and love!

• Like 2

My last 4 vehicles have all been Honda's.

The current one is a 2005 Honda Pilot that I've had since 2008.

Just got back from an 11,000km round trip to Ontario.

Still running strong at almost 15 years old.

Looking for something a little bigger for my next vehicle so it will be a new Toyota Tundra in a couple of years.  ;)

08 Ford F150 King Ranch. 5.4L Triton engine. Loved that truck, minus the engine of course. Got it and all was well for 6 months, then the engine blew at 159 000kms pulling up to the stop sign 500ft from my house. Ended up trading it in for $2500 to a dealer in Toronto and got a 17 F150 with a 5L. Haven't had a problem since. 

I think no matter what the brand, there will always be melons and aces. Certainly the Toyota's have excellent ratings and a buddy of mine can't shut up about his, but he conveniently never mentions the manifold gasket he had to get replaced within a year of purchase. Plus the most work it ever does is tow a 19ft boat, so who cares about rated towing capacity. No doubt about quality and endurance for the most part, but you sure do pay for it.

Meanwhile my 2001 1500 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 with the 5.3L  that I bought for $5200 seven years ago is still running great at 330k. It was bought by a GM  dealer mechanic for his wife to commute into Ottawa daily so I knew the maintenance was not an issue. Yea I've had to do body work, brake lines, front end and other expected maintenance over the years, but my yearly costs are nothing compared to buying a new truck.

Happy New Year. Cheers

• Like 1

1990 Pontiac Bonneville was a nice big car , the tranny went at 120k and the paint orange peeled

2002 Nissan Frontier, no problems mechanically, had a 4 cylinder with a 5 speed, but rust was worst I've had on a vehicle

Worst but most fun was a 1990 Jeep YJ Laredo I bought brand new in Sept 1989. Day after I bought it, it started surging and barely ran. Brought it in, needed the carb to be rebuilt. 3-4 sets of rear ujoints. 2 front propellor shafts, 3 sets Of front knuckle joints, a transmission (ground going into 2nd from new, they tried to blame me by saying there was water in the transmission, my response, it’s supposed to be a sealed unit, they begrudgingly replaced it), an ignition coil, several sets of ignition wires, a leaky gas filler neck, a transfer case..... I became good friends with the Service Manager. As a I was a university student working at Knob Hill Farms, he would come in and I would bring him to the butchers who would take care of him, then I’d take him to the produce cooler to get his fruits and veggies. Got rid of that thing with 120k on it. It was great in the winter and fun in the summer but what a p i t a. 

13 hours ago, buick14 said:

Incorrect.  This is opinion.

If I could’ve pushed my arctic cat into the street and lit it on fire with a clear conscience I would have.  I did have to push it out of my garage while on fire once..... true story, I put it out with a handy extinguisher and only melted part of the air box.  In retrospect I should’ve sprayed the extinguisher all around it and made it look like I panicked.  Would’ve been easier just to collect insurance.  The other 2 arctic cats and one Polaris at my hunt camp where complete buckets also.  No experience with canam.