A christmas gift I was not expecting,,,,

misfish

I really can not put in words what this gift was and did to me. I will not get into to much, but when I got this gift from my oldest,I pretty much was very over whelmed. No matter our trials and tribulations, we both share the love of fishing.The last couple of years,we have started to understand each other more and more and reconnecting our father and son relationship ,has grown stronger.  I am sure there are some here that can relate or understand. 

THE GIFT

A 13 ft  Rain shadow custom rod with custom turned seat . This rod was made by Mike Rumig . A  friend of our own Spiel .I only know this as my son won this custom build earlier this year, and I had asked Chris about the builder. He said he was very good . I was happy my son had won this and was looking forward to seeing it once completed, but I did not expect it to be a gift to me .I can say this, Chris was not wrong. This is a sweet build. It is more then this ole man deserves, and I will cherish this rod til my days are done. I have to also say, it was almost built the way I would want it .:dunno:

I can not keep up with the young lad, but when I can get to fish with him, it is always be a great time . I have a new SST 3 that will be seated on it. Perfect combo it will make. :good:

Thanks for the great gift my son. :wub:

Now to get some roe goo and slime on it. 🤣

DSCF5126.JPG.43b8e11445f43256c1ec770f6b25bcd4.JPG

DSCF5123.JPG.e4351a14e96066a172a64c2e24542b30.JPG

DSCF5130.JPG.9125432f7c5e0e6f580c0c063ea6e05a.JPG

• Like 6

We all have a stage Mr B that we go through of disconnect and then finally reconnect with our family (some not so lucky in that manner) and I am Happy for you that you are there; reconnect.  NICE gift by the way!  I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brian, you will enjoy this forever. A piece of art and be proud of your son who gave it to you.

You will think of him when a silver hooks up..

Must have made your day! 
treat it well my friend.

Ps:  Art , posting here on an iPad is like carving it out of stone!  CANADIAN granite.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a ton fells .

I spooled up the pin with 6lb Maxima ultra green and a 4lb maxima floro leader . Great to have a long rod like this and able to go light on the line.  I was hoping to get out with it Sunday,but this ice storm they are talking about might put a damper on that. Tuesday and Wednesday looks promising. Got to work Monday.  I don't even know if it will fit in the cab of the truck. My 11.6 just fits. LOL