World Junior,s

misfish

5 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

What a terrific 3rd period of hockey. The young Canadians showed a ton of grit and determination to come back from a 3-1 hole. Unfortunately for the Russians, they lost their composure and self destructed. Great win.

It was bound to happen once the byes came on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Spectacular comeback, and a few lucky bounces/calls...…..

They never quit!

Great win for a great group of kids.

😁

For sure, although I still don't know how they didn't call that puck over glass that hit the TSN camera, it was out of play.

Gotta love Canada Russia gold medal games, hard to beat for entertainment.

Cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smitty55 said:

For sure, although I still don't know how they didn't call that puck over glass that hit the TSN camera, it was out of play.

Gotta love Canada Russia gold medal games, hard to beat for entertainment.

Cheers

IIHF Rule 135 point v.

"A player who lifts the puck from the defending zone and hits the score clock or any structural object above the ice surface, causing a stoppage in play, will not be assessed a penalty." 

https://www.bardown.com/the-tsn-television-camera-became-an-unlikely-hero-of-canada-s-world-juniors-championship-1.1422843?fbclid=IwAR10Rd90jcFEqbXsx94iDiOhGvakd4GF1JvT9NOR-aw3nIHhnRcsJoEevUI

59 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

IIHF Rule 135 point v.

"A player who lifts the puck from the defending zone and hits the score clock or any structural object above the ice surface, causing a stoppage in play, will not be assessed a penalty." 

https://www.bardown.com/the-tsn-television-camera-became-an-unlikely-hero-of-canada-s-world-juniors-championship-1.1422843?fbclid=IwAR10Rd90jcFEqbXsx94iDiOhGvakd4GF1JvT9NOR-aw3nIHhnRcsJoEevUI

I realize that, but as stated by the tsn hosts their camera is not placed above the ice surface  as the rule states, it is set back from the glass. Easy to see in the video that the puck is over glass. But I'll still take the call, that could have made it an even crazier finish.

Cheers

2 hours ago, smitty55 said:

I realize that, but as stated by the tsn hosts their camera is not placed above the ice surface  as the rule states, it is set back from the glass. Easy to see in the video that the puck is over glass. But I'll still take the call, that could have made it an even crazier finish.

Cheers

From the proper angle, the camera is in fact partly over the glass (i.e above the ice surface) as you can see below..  Obviously, had it not been there, the puck would have gone out but I think the officials made the correct call despite the rule being a little weird. 

image.png.0235258e2456126c3ce7b639e7f9b588.png

29 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Missed call or not, it was not any worse than the fictitious "holding the stick call" on Hayton in the 2nd period. Russians got a 2 min PP there they didn't deserve. It all works out in the end.

And they scored on that PP too.  :(