World Junior,s

misfish

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Crazy question here ???????????????

Whats with all the Canadian adverts on the boards ? Timber Mart,Tim Hortons, Esso and so on ? All in English ?

Because we are the only country that watches it so the sponsorship deals are catered to Canadians by Canadian companies. Unlike Spengler cup which has a mix as it has more of a european audience.

Shame they couldnt hold the juniors in Canada every year, hate seeing the empty seats when its played in other parts of the world. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, misfish said:

Crazy question here ???????????????

Whats with all the Canadian adverts on the boards ? Timber Mart,Tim Hortons, Esso and so on ? All in English ?

Some of it is digital media too so depending on the live feed will depend on what you see.  BUT the World JR's is a Can/US thing most of the time for sponsors.  

55 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

I have no idea where you got that idea from. Trust me the Americans are into it big time as well as Canadians.

Cheers

Sorry Canadians and Americans but it is a more recent and growing phenomena in the states and confined to more the border states. Europeans don't watch it as much hence the english advertising.

Edited by Toronto_Angler

That was a great game today to watch. Always exciting between the Canucks and the Yanks.

I'm wondering how many players the leafs have in the tournament? I've heard Sandin mentioned but no one else. Is that it?

Sens are looking good with three. Shane Pinto as the American #1 center, Bernard Docker in the top D pairing for Canada and Lassi Thomson as the Finnish captain. Two first round picks and a high second at 32.

Edited by smitty55

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

I was expecting Russia to be tough after losing first game.

Stopped watching after 4-0 . Jason Bourne for the 5th time seemed better.

I quit after 3...I had been out ice fishing and came in to watch, and went right back outside lol the fishing was crap too but still better than that game

• Haha 1