lake couchiching ice conditions?

huzzsaba

Drove through Orillia on the 28th and there were plenty of people out off of Tudhope! With these warm days, I would check the ice carefully if you're heading out! Walk in single file, have a rope that everyone in the group is tied off to, spud as you go & check the ice thickness every so often! If it is a warm day, I would make sure that I do the same coming in as you can lose ice during the day! Be safe out there!

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Shawn W said:

Can some one update me on the ice conditions at Tudhope Park? Making the run back home from Windsor hoping for some good ice. Also can any one update me on Kempenfelt Bay?

guys are walking on Kempenfelt from bear point towards barrie. between 3.5 and 6 inches of ice. Another mild stretch is about to hit unfortunately.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:53 AM, Shawn W said:

Can some one update me on the ice conditions at Tudhope Park? Making the run back home from Windsor hoping for some good ice. Also can any one update me on Kempenfelt Bay?

Like said, 3-6 inches reports through out the bay, but snow covered areas have been reported to be 2-3 ".