39 Hours

Musky Plug

I’ve liked watching the show.  I’ve always enjoyed uncut angling, enjoys the Castellano fella and Taro Muratta has grown on me.  Conrad brothers are typical Canadian westerners and entertaining to watch.  I have tried hard with the 2 yanks, gone as far as trying to watch their channels outside of this 39 hours and I just can’t do it.  Particularly the Eric guy his constant yelling of “let’s go” and fist bumping of whoever is near him turns me right off.  The Alex kid, he’s not bad just not much personality and I don’t find him very entertaining. I’m sure he’s doing just fine though, so good for him!  Anyhow I’m rooting for the Canadians, any of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to watch the final two episodes along with the Q&A video after. Some parts were intense, but overall I thought it was a great series. Team Manitoba clutched a few fish that saved them and got them the W. Would've liked to see Taro and Paul win the show but that's fishing. In the Q&A video they did touch on couple things like the fly in fishing and gave a good explanation. All in all I thought it was a great series and looking forward to season 3. 

Liked the show,  really don't understand why the US team decided to chase a bluegill around for two episodes.  I'm sure they're both great fisherman, but that was such a weak showing.   Also, I don't agree at all with the Konrad boys pike that was weighed in.  Ganked right in the side, I don't careif the fish swiped at it or not, hooks gotta be on the head somewhere, lol.   

Also another pet peeve, show was based out of Canada, 3 out of 4 teams were Canadian, finale was in Winnipeg and all the merchandise sold is in US funds on the website.  I was going to buy a t-shirt and a hat but that came to $31 or so with $21 US shipping.   Nope!  Ridiculous.

Edited by BillM
  • Like 2

Been a long time since I've gotten hooked on a TV show but I really enjoyed this.  I was pulling for Paul and Taro but Team Manitoba deserved the win.  Aaron and Jay both fished really well and caught some awesome fish with chips on the table.  The Konrad brothers are just machines.  38 hours in and they're standing on opposite gunnels of the boat like they were born there. 

The whole series was fantastic! I really enjoyed it all. I was hoping our local boys would pull out a win, but they did just fine.

I got to meet Paul Castellano at the fishing show last Sunday which was a pleasure.

Aaron Wiebe has been making some awesome videos for a long time, and now that "Jimmy Seahawk" is producing, it can only get better.

• Like 1

was a great watch again. Couple buddies of mine actually flew to Winnipeg to be a part of the finale. As they call it... "full send". I haven't seen the Q and A part yet, but I know they get a question or 2 in, and get a shout out for wearing our hockey team jersey's that evening...oh ya...and some drinking pictures with the boys after the Q and A was over. Worth a 2 day trip to Winnipeg I guess!

On 2/21/2020 at 12:28 AM, BillM said:

I was going to buy a t-shirt and a hat but that came to $31 or so with $21 US shipping.   Nope!  Ridiculous.

Mr Frostbite googan baits was handling the merchandising. His personality take it or leave it but kudos to the kid for turning this stuff into a real business. Kind of the polar opposite of Aaron who wants nothing to do with anything anymore except fishing and his wife. I think the fame has got to him a bit and hes not a big fan of it but hes keeping it up simply to make ends meet.

Was cheering for Paul and Taro and I thought they really stood a chance but Manitoba just had one better period when team tacklebox blanked and that was the difference. Was good to see Paul and Taro a bit more engaged this time around, Taro explained to me that the first time they were literally just doing it as a favour to Aaron, but this time it seems like the sponsors made it worth their while to spend 4 straight days doing this. Looking forward to my trip with Taro in July to talk about it more in depth.

Im sure season 3 will get done, but im slightly wary of it becoming overblown and sold out like a normal fishing show. 

The Konrads? What i love about them is they break the fishing down to simple trusted techniques. Dont over complicate it and just read water incredibly. Theres a reason they catch world record caliber fish across multiple species. I would definitely say that this was the best collection of multispecies anglers ever gathered for one "tournament"

Edited by AKRISONER

This Wednesday is gonna be soooo boring again.

Really enjoyed the show, all personalities and the great showcasing of so many fish. 

Would love to see more but do agree with said above, that too much of it too often and it may get overplayed.  I'd think a good and easier step for these guys for something different, would be to pick some place none have been, that has plenty big fish in a few species, and make some kind of three day tourney out of it.

Bill... snagging pike in murky waters is an art.  I'll give 'em the point for ganking, but only on one fish. lol.

• Haha 1

The US teams fishing boat with rods and tackle everywhere drove me bananas. Always stepping on rods, everything tangled. Not to mention fishing for a bluegill and rock bass for 20 hours lol. 

Meanwhile Konrads out there in a tin boat with one rod each. 

7 hours ago, Chuck Enwinde said:

The cast got together for some ice fishing on the Red River.  If your in to shenanigans, some of the vids are hilarious.  If you can handle Taro - it's some of his best work lol.    

I can't seem to find that. Do you have a link? Tks