39 Hours

Musky Plug

Yeah... Aaron flew through with High Arctic Lodge. Lucky guy was staying with them for a week, and it's quite the outfit being that every day they fly to a char location to fish.  Alex had missed his original flight out of the USA. By the time he arrived, 4 days of fishing had been lost to his week long trip. Yikes!  

Anyways, again I really enjoyed Aaron's company. Being that my 5 day trip had fallen on unlucky timing and I was out there alone sometimes dwelling on that difficult fishing, his day three appearance really lifted my spirits.

Should be another solid episode tonight.

• Like 2

Finally got a chance to watch episode 3. Thought it was good. Glad Taro and Paul are in the lead but I have a feeling the twins are a sleeper team with the access to those remote lakes. Alex wasn't that bad this time, other than the 10 million rods all over the deck of the boat which drove me nuts. Other than that didn't find him that bad. 

On 1/22/2020 at 2:19 PM, AKRISONER said:

The point about them not swearing, Aaron and Jay are actually very religious and christian. Jay talks about it a bit when he talks about how he met his wife. They dont like to swear or say Oh my god even!

The other guys just agree to keep the videos G rated. I can assure you that Taro and Paul swear just like the rest of us lol.

I think it also has to do with the new youtube algorithm for monitizing videos. I've seen a few videos from others and they've been complaining about the fact if they swear they could be subject to de-monitizing. Also could be the G rating they're going for too. 

I followed all of Season one a couple of years back and am a huge fan of Aaron and Jay. They do some awesome filming and are true artists at their craft.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Sportsman channel has not picked up these guys! I mean You Tube is great, but they deserve a spot on television.

I watch a lot of fishing shows on tv and can't stand "Fishful Thinking"! Just too much of an "infomercial"! He can't say two words without mentioning his sponsors products. The host himself is a great fisherman I remember from the old Molson Big Fish contest days in the '80's.

I am really enjoying the Season Two episodes.

Edited by Rattletrap2
additions

1 hour ago, Rattletrap2 said:

I followed all of Season one a couple of years back and am a huge fan of Aaron and Jay. They do some awesome filming and are true artists at their craft.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Sportsman channel has not picked up these guys! I mean You Tube is great, but they deserve a spot on television.

I watch a lot of fishing shows on tv and can't stand "Fishful Thinking"! Just too much of an "infomercial"! He can't say two words without mentioning his sponsors products. The host himself is a great fisherman I remember from the old Molson Big Fish contest days in the '80's.

I am really enjoying the Season Two episodes.

I don't think they want to be on mainstream TV. They are making plenty of money off youtube, and they can do things the way they want, with no infomercials. I prefer youtube to be honest, TV sucks. Its all fake Bull. 

S. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sinker said:

I don't think they want to be on mainstream TV. They are making plenty of money off youtube, and they can do things the way they want, with no infomercials. I prefer youtube to be honest, TV sucks. Its all fake Bull. 

S. 

You are probably right Sinker! I guess I really have no concept of what You Tube pays. I know they make money based on Views, Likes, and Subscribers....and some ads as well! Who needs a tv network telling you what to say and do? lol

I think for them it’s not about YouTube specifically. They aren’t in this to make money. You can tell weibe is making ends meet by his sponsorship deals which allow him to fish. Jay has a successful photography/media business, the Conrads are outdoor power equipment salesmen, taro, Paul and Eric are all guides and AP has business ventures such as fish frostbite and googan baits that are paying the bills. The YouTube stuff is all promo with a bit of cash incentive and definitely is not their primary income source. Hence they don’t just become a tv infomercial even though 39 hours is pushin kalin’s products pretty hard.

taro told me the first 39 hours was just done as a favour for Aaron. He even admitted they never took it seriously because there really wasn’t any sponsorship and actually cost them money to do. It’s good promo for their guiding businesses

Edited by AKRISONER

There are LOTS of people getting rich off Youtube. Lots. And very rich. 

These guys are just class acts, and do it because they are passionate about it. Sponsors and advertisers are likely knocking on their doors constantly, but if its not a product they use, and know works well, they turn them down.  Every time an ad shows up on a vid, they are making money. Then theres the sponsorships, and perks from everything else. To say Weibe is barely making ends meet is hilarious.Do you really believe that? 

Look into it more.  The average youtuber gets paid $10-$50 per 1000 views. So you figure these guys are all getting hundreds of thousands of views per video, so thats pretty good money when they are putting out a video every week. If that's making ends meet, I'm dirt poor. 

S. 

Edited by Sinker

2 hours ago, Sinker said:

Look into it more.  The average youtuber gets paid $10-$50 per 1000 views. So you figure these guys are all getting hundreds of thousands of views per video, so thats pretty good money when they are putting out a video every week. If that's making ends meet, I'm dirt poor. 

S. 

You need 50,000 views for a video to start making money. Look at the views for the 39 hours series it’s just over 100k for every video.

Aaron barely releases videos anymore because he doesn’t want to sell out that hard and doesn’t believe in releasing videos just for the sake of it.

the pay rate is actually averages less than $5 per 1000 ad views.

Aaron was living in his moms house until he got married. He also has released about a video a month average over the past year meaning he made $1,000 a month from YouTube...that’s hardly raking in the dough. He cares more about fishing and having the means to fish than making big dough. I’m thinking frostbite paid him more to put his name on their brand than he’s made the past few years off of YouTube.

this set of 39 hours clearly was more organized sponsorship and monetarily wise. Hence the additional planning by all teams.

Edited by AKRISONER

3 hours ago, Sinker said:

There are LOTS of people getting rich off Youtube. Lots. And very rich. 

These guys are just class acts, and do it because they are passionate about it. Sponsors and advertisers are likely knocking on their doors constantly, but if its not a product they use, and know works well, they turn them down.  Every time an ad shows up on a vid, they are making money. Then theres the sponsorships, and perks from everything else. To say Weibe is barely making ends meet is hilarious.Do you really believe that? 

S. 

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

You need 50,000 views for a video to start making money. Look at the views for the 39 hours series it’s just over 100k for every video.

Aaron barely releases videos anymore because he doesn’t want to sell out that hard and doesn’t believe in releasing videos just for the sake of it.

the pay rate is actually averages less than $5 per 1000 ad views.

Aaron was living in his moms house until he got married. He also has released about a video a month average over the past year meaning he made $1,000 a month from YouTube...that’s hardly raking in the dough. He cares more about fishing and having the means to fish than making big dough. I’m thinking frostbite paid him more to put his name on their brand than he’s made the past few years off of YouTube.

this set of 39 hours clearly was more organized sponsorship and monetarily wise. Hence the additional planning by all teams.

Yes, I would agree that there are a lot of people getting rich but I would say that Aaron isn’t one of them. He may be doing well but I wouldn’t say getting rich. Just because you have a channel doesn’t mean you rake in the cash. The only people that I’m aware of that make that kind of money from YouTube in the fishing niche are the Googan kids. I read an article a while ago that the Jon b kid and Rob we’re making approximately $10k american a month. However they were uploading a few times a week with couple hundred thousand views per video. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Terry said:

Well yeah but you subtract the production cost and pay all the people involved and that 10,000 gets a lot smaller 

Forsure. When all those guys started they did all the filming and editing themselves. They've only started having other people film and edit over the last couple years, after they had blown up. 

Youtube is all about ads being clicked, it's not about total # of views...   you can't take views, do some math then come up with the amount that person is making.  Not the way it works.  Now if you've got 100k views and 25k of those views are clicking through your ad base then you're going to see the $$$ role in.   Fishing products is a great way to do this (as is makeup, it's probably the #1)...  People always want the latest and greatest.

20 hours ago, BillM said:

Youtube is all about ads being clicked, it's not about total # of views...   you can't take views, do some math then come up with the amount that person is making.  Not the way it works.  Now if you've got 100k views and 25k of those views are clicking through your ad base then you're going to see the $$$ role in.   Fishing products is a great way to do this (as is makeup, it's probably the #1)...  People always want the latest and greatest.

5 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

i know someone that makes a couple hundred grand a year working for Mac cosmetics. Her job is to manage youtubers...

I'm in the wrong line of work. Maybe I should consider career change...

SPOILER ALERT!!

Pretty crazy brown that the Konrad brothers caught.  The addendum at the end of the show stated that it fell 1 inch shy of the catch and release world record - which is held by Eric Haataja.  These guys got some serious chops.  Really enjoying the series.  Hoping Taro and Paul kill it on Simcoe.

• Like 1