39 Hours

Musky Plug

7 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

I didn't know the program existed, I don't usually watch tv programming and refuse to pay for an expensive cable package. An interesting format, watched the first couple of episodes on youtube.

Keep watching Ohio it’s a fantastic hilarious series. Taro is an absolute gem

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, David Chong said:

I'm so glad that they did a second season! there are some great characters in these shows! Lots of laughs and some pretty good fish caught too!

Sad Manny Milas isn’t involved this go around. That guy’s Al Linder impersonation literally makes me die every time.

• Like 2

First episode was great. Of course Taro falls in the lake before even getting on the boat for the first time Hahahaa what a guy.

i can confirm, people may think Taro is putting it on because he’s on film...dude is 100% genuinely that wild and hilarious. Fishing with him was an absolute riot and I am planning on going with him again this year.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

First episode was great. Of course Taro falls in the lake before even getting on the boat for the first time Hahahaa what a guy.

i can confirm, people may think Taro is putting it on because he’s on film...dude is 100% genuinely that wild and hilarious. Fishing with him was an absolute riot and I am planning on going with him again this year.

Trust me, I know Taro & Paul very well and have fished with both of them There is no act with Taro, that is him through & through! I should post our old FishCity promo from a few years ago, he falls in a lot!

• Haha 2

although I enjoyed it (a bit) some of it was a bit disappointing...such as:

- the one team going to a fly-in...a bit unfair

- the new format...39 straight hours was awesome last time (and funny). The new format won't be as good imo

- the kid Alex from the States saying "Oh My Gosh" every 4 seconds was driving me insane...wanted to break the tv

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

- the new format...39 straight hours was awesome last time (and funny). The new format won't be as good imo

- the kid Alex from the States saying "Oh My Gosh" every 4 seconds was driving me insane...wanted to break the tv

The fly in actually isn’t unfair because they have severely hindered their multi species ability by doing it.

they basically have walleye, pike, lake trout, grayling , burbot and maybe whitefish  to target? Anything else is going to tough to gain points on.

fishing Lake Ontario, erie and simcoe seems far more unfair to me. 

I agree about the timing change because it made it funnier when they were really really tired, but I get it that it’s a safety issue especially with them driving both boats and trucks around. The sponsors probably wanted nothing to do with them and driving around insanely sleep deprived. 

you aren’t alone with your feelings about AP bassin, he’s widely disliked by a lot of people, hence they keep referencing it non stop. Aaron weibe makes fun of him a bunch of it too on the frostbite fishing channel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I couldn't agree more, even right off the bat with him going to store to buy everything he seemed to grate on me.

Best parts by far were those fish caught out of Cree Lake, that made it worthwhile watching.

• Like 1

Alex got there via rich dad or ? Not as good as 1st series. Guides?!?! To even things the Lake O crew should be in a huge charter boat with guides with known techniques for big chinooks, lakers, cohos, bows instead of worrying about waves.  

Edited by cisco
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

I thought he was going to completely fall in lol. 

15 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I agree with the fly in bit. Wasn't to keen on that as you already know they're going to get tanks from Cree Lake. And the young kid is definitely annoying as hell.

12 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

you aren’t alone with your feelings about AP bassin, he’s widely disliked by a lot of people, hence they keep referencing it non stop. Aaron weibe makes fun of him a bunch of it too on the frostbite fishing channel.

11 hours ago, smitty55 said:

I couldn't agree more, even right off the bat with him going to store to buy everything he seemed to grate on me.

30 minutes ago, cisco said:

Alex got there via rich dad or ? Not as good as 1st series. Guides?!?! To even things the Lake O crew should be in a huge charter boat with guides with known techniques for big chinooks, lakers, cohos, bows instead of worrying about waves.  

That kid and a few other kids, not really kids but guys approx 24-30 have the youtube fishing thing wrapped up. They have big sponsors and have the highest sub count exceeding a million subs, not Alex specifically but another one of them. As well as their own one of baits called Googan Baits. All of those things combined generate a big revenue stream for them. As well they are involved in some way with MLF fishing. 

I believe Alex and Aaron as well as Jay have started a company fishing company called Frostbite Fishing. Making ice fishing stuff, rods and lures and other things from what I understand. 

9 hours ago, Musky Plug said:

I believe Alex and Aaron as well as Jay have started a company fishing company called Frostbite Fishing. Making ice fishing stuff, rods and lures and other things from what I understand. 

Frostbite is Alex’s company. He basically replicated the googan baits business plan and did it for ice fishing. He knew that the only way it would take off is getting weibe involved so he paid him to get involved/gave him a share in the company.

I’m pretty certain alex has some well to do parents that are investing in their son’s business ventures. I don’t necessarily like the guy, but I don’t think he’s a bad person he’s just somewhat annoying in videos. He is definitely a decent little businessman though.

Aaron specifically was responsible for developing frostbites line of rods.

youll also notice that almost every single frostbite promo YouTube video features a close up of Aaron’s face. That’s what weibe has become, anything he touches basically turns to gold.

it recently came  out that frostbites hard baits are exact replicas of another company called “euro tackle” baits. Turns out China sold their mold to frostbite. 

it’s easy to tell what’s going on when in the most recent frostbite video Aaron basically complains that Alex is forcing him to go out fishing with him for the purpose of promoting their products. In a way you can see how pained Aaron is by what he has become. The fame has become a curse for him and you can tell he doesn’t like selling out but he’s trying to make a living. I feel somewhat bad for him.

• Like 1

Everything is fleeting in the world of what’s cool in the moment.  Glad to see this show back!  However they do it this time around, it’ll be a joy to watch and I'm hoping it grows even bigger.

Had a chance to walk a char river, chat plenty and fish half a day with Aaron this past summer.  He is impressive. Intelligent, interesting and funny to the core.  Days later at an airport, I met Alex briefly too.  Had no idea who he was so had no bias, he seemed quite a nice fella.  So, I get home, go online and look Alex up.  And although his videos aren’t what everyone likes, (albeit he still has a HUGE following which "he" created) it was many people comments of him that are much sh$&ier.  He’s a kid!  He’s having fun.  He’s trying to offer that to others and find his way... and those calling him names just says more about others than him.  Calling him a “trust fund baby,” “born with a silver spoon,” “comes from rich parents” etc., that's just pure jealousy and needless stupidity right there.  As if he could help that?  Don’t like him, have class and just kindly and quietly move on.

Season 2 episode 1 is great!  Pizzing about the twins on a fly-in with guides on a PRE FISH, gimme a break!  The Sask boys don’t have nearly the water to work with that the other groups do and all groups have access to incredible multi-species in their regions. You can bet once the competition starts it’ll be Sean, Adam and the cameraman in a boat.

Taro is GREAT!  And Paul is a machine.  So far I like this team more this season than I did last. Both are more cohesive this round.  Looking forward to seeing the damage they can pull off on our home waters.  Big part of me hopes they win this thing.

“I miss Manny!”  “I miss Manny!”  “I miss Manny!”  Over and over in the comments section.  You know what, for pure entertainment value he is the guy to miss too.  Met Manny numerous times up on Great Bear, he is a total character.  But going forward, what a wicked team it’ll be to watch, seeing lifelong buds and great anglers Aaron and Jay together.  These two share a lot of solid info, constantly!  They are the best online to follow, period!  

Alex and Haajaataataaaajajaa!  Great!  Didn’t mind Alex’s segments one bit, in fact, may even want to root for this underdog and see him reel in some big fish of his own.  In Manitoba it’s “ohhhh my goodness” to everything right now.  With Alex it’s “Ohhhh my gosh!  Don’t think the boys are allowed to say “Holy f*#&” or “Holy s#%&” like half the people out there we share a boat with. lol  

These guys are participants and producers of the most fun, entertaining and oftentimes informative videos out there.  Enjoy that they are putting this out there. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2020 at 9:25 AM, Moosebunk said:

Everything is fleeting in the world of what’s cool in the moment.  Glad to see this show back!  However they do it this time around, it’ll be a joy to watch and I'm hoping it grows even bigger.

Had a chance to walk a char river, chat plenty and fish half a day with Aaron this past summer.  He is impressive. Intelligent, interesting and funny to the core.  Days later at an airport, I met Alex briefly too.  Had no idea who he was so had no bias, he seemed quite a nice fella.  So, I get home, go online and look Alex up.  And although his videos aren’t what everyone likes, (albeit he still has a HUGE following which "he" created) it was many people comments of him that are much sh$&ier.  He’s a kid!  He’s having fun.  He’s trying to offer that to others and find his way... and those calling him names just says more about others than him.  Calling him a “trust fund baby,” “born with a silver spoon,” “comes from rich parents” etc., that's just pure jealousy and needless stupidity right there.  As if he could help that?  Don’t like him, have class and just kindly and quietly move on.

Season 2 episode 1 is great!  Pizzing about the twins on a fly-in with guides on a PRE FISH, gimme a break!  The Sask boys don’t have nearly the water to work with that the other groups do and all groups have access to incredible multi-species in their regions. You can bet once the competition starts it’ll be Sean, Adam and the cameraman in a boat.

Taro is GREAT!  And Paul is a machine.  So far I like this team more this season than I did last. Both are more cohesive this round.  Looking forward to seeing the damage they can pull off on our home waters.  Big part of me hopes they win this thing.

“I miss Manny!”  “I miss Manny!”  “I miss Manny!”  Over and over in the comments section.  You know what, for pure entertainment value he is the guy to miss too.  Met Manny numerous times up on Great Bear, he is a total character.  But going forward, what a wicked team it’ll be to watch, seeing lifelong buds and great anglers Aaron and Jay together.  These two share a lot of solid info, constantly!  They are the best online to follow, period!  

Alex and Haajaataataaaajajaa!  Great!  Didn’t mind Alex’s segments one bit, in fact, may even want to root for this underdog and see him reel in some big fish of his own.  In Manitoba it’s “ohhhh my goodness” to everything right now.  With Alex it’s “Ohhhh my gosh!  Don’t think the boys are allowed to say “Holy f*#&” or “Holy s#%&” like half the people out there we share a boat with. lol  

These guys are participants and producers of the most fun, entertaining and oftentimes informative videos out there.  Enjoy that they are putting this out there. 

I'm with Bunk on this one.  I like Alex.  Editor might have done him a favour but cutting a few of the "Oh My Gosh's" out but I think him and Eric have a good shot.  I think they'll trump most of Taro and Paul's great lake stuff.   

At this time in a wet, damp, cold, cloudy and just miserable winter with another trip south months away I could really use a Taro fix. If I had 10% of his energy I would be doing a 10K run, OK 2K. I am having trouble getting to the show. Laptop says "site unavailable" or some such thing when I Google it. Can someone please give me a link to Face Book or where ever I can see the new series. Loved the last one. 

Moosebunk, bang on post. A member of The Great Generation at the plant once told me, "Make them come up to your level, never go down to theirs." That was over 40 years ago and it should be plastered at the top of every social media site. By the way my God Daughter just had her second Strawberry haired baby, in a row!!. You guys may just be taking over the planet Earth soon. 

Bill Taylor was the man. WW2 veteran and leader of men. He lied about his age and went to Europe at 17 years young. Some 17 year olds then and now were and are afraid to leave their basements. He was famous for holding court on the Blast Furnace Cast House floors sketching diagrams in chalk on anything that was flat. R.I.P. Bill. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

At this time in a wet, damp, cold, cloudy and just miserable winter with another trip south months away I could really use a Taro fix. If I had 10% of his energy I would be doing a 10K run, OK 2K. I am having trouble getting to the show. Laptop says "site unavailable" or some such thing when I Google it. Can someone please give me a link to Face Book or where ever I can see the new series. Loved the last one. 

Moosebunk, bang on post. A member of The Great Generation at the plant once told me, "Make them come up to your level, never go down to theirs." That was over 40 years ago and it should be plastered at the top of every social media site. By the way my God Daughter just had her second Strawberry haired baby, in a row!!. You guys may just be taking over the planet Earth soon. 

Bill Taylor was the man. WW2 veteran and leader of men. He lied about his age and went to Europe at 17 years young. Some 17 year olds then and now were and are afraid to leave their basements. He was famous for holding court on the Blast Furnace Cast House floors sketching diagrams in chalk on anything that was flat. R.I.P. Bill. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:02 AM, OhioFisherman said:

It's not a bad program, it seems at times they add drama to everything though?

Of course they do Paul. No one is going to sponsor any TV show where 2 guys are just fishing. Just like those TV shows where people are cooking, remodelling homes, gold mining, driving 53' rigs, tow truck operators and the list is long, even now toe nail trimmers and even pimple poppers. Fun Wow!!! Thousands of movie and television stars are now homeless because of Reality TV. Oh the tragedy  of it all. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

On 1/12/2020 at 9:25 AM, Moosebunk said:

I guess you were up far north when they were in the late summer/fall this year? They posted a couple of video catching laketrout in 3 fow on the tundra. Pretty crazy stuff.

The point about them not swearing, Aaron and Jay are actually very religious and christian. Jay talks about it a bit when he talks about how he met his wife. They dont like to swear or say Oh my god even!

The other guys just agree to keep the videos G rated. I can assure you that Taro and Paul swear just like the rest of us lol.

Cant wait for eppy 3 tonight!