Strikemaster Lite Flite Auger

PUMP KNOWS

Anyone here own the Strikemaster Lite-Flite auger?  I think that’ll be my next ice fishing purchase.

• Full length segmented flight
• Heavy-duty steel hex shaft
• Twin chrome-alloy stainless steel Lazer blades

The Strikemaster® Lite-Flite is designed to be used with any professional quality 18v (or higher) brushless hand-held cordless electric 1/2" chuck drill or StrikeMaster ice auger power head, and features twin chrome-alloy stainless steel Lazer blades. The full length segmented flight is moulded with blend of synthetic resins, with a heavy-duty steel hex shaft and reinforced "T" connection to the carriage for strength. The carriage is formed from engineered compounds for durability. The Power Point keeps the drill unit in place while drilling.

90ACB4A2-A244-4C8E-9D16-8DF8A79C0013.png

What are you using now?  Does it really matter how fast you can drill a hole? I'd like to see this same comparison with an 8" finbore. Were those all 8" augers? They didn't say. 

I don't care about speed.  What I care about is reliability, and being able to drill as many holes as I want. I have a 10" ion that will not drill 20 holes through 16" of ice, so I'm not impressed at all. 

S. 

I can’t speak to ions, although they look great.  I really think electric is pushing the envelope at a 10 inch auger.  6,8 inch drills they will spin no problem.  I’ve been super happy with my Milwaukee. The lite flite looks pretty neat but my $50 sale priced augers cut very fast on a drill as it is so no need for me to upgrade.  I do want the clam adapter for nils master as it’s cheap and I’m eager to give the nils a try on a Drill seeing as how I already own one.

Towing terry  lol  lol  lol

that would be the day.  I could use help dragging my stuff out.  But because he likes to be on the ice 2 hrs before light I don’t walk out with him .  I like to see what I am walking on so I show up later 

Poor value for the money IMHO. The price doesn't include the electric drill from what I can see. So $230. plus tax for a cheap hand drill is what is being peddled. It should be cheaper to buy than a regular hand auger since it doesn't have the long bent arm and handles for using arm strength with. Augers have been redesigned over many years and to say this is another new improved innovation/version is bunk.  

I'll stick with my gas auger. Thanks Chris B. for the thing. 10 inch holes and cuts like crazy with the 53cc motor. Most I found are 33cc so you gave me a fantastic deal some years ago sir. 

I advise to keep an eye on the classified on various fishing sites and Kijiji. Lots of guys are looking for new toys at any cost who are parting with their gas units for relatively little $. 

If really worried about health you can wax the bottom of your sled/add sliders and you'd be surprised how much extra you can drag with a same effort as before. Or get another sled to rope behind the first to distribute weight over a larger surface area to reduce plowing drag.

17 hours ago, cisco said:

Poor value for the money IMHO. The price doesn't include the electric drill from what I can see. So $230. plus tax for a cheap hand drill is what is being peddled. It should be cheaper to buy than a regular hand auger since it doesn't have the long bent arm and handles for using arm strength with. Augers have been redesigned over many years and to say this is another new improved innovation/version is bunk.  

I'll stick with my gas auger. Thanks Chris B. for the thing. 10 inch holes and cuts like crazy with the 53cc motor. Most I found are 33cc so you gave me a fantastic deal some years ago sir. 

I advise to keep an eye on the classified on various fishing sites and Kijiji. Lots of guys are looking for new toys at any cost who are parting with their gas units for relatively little $. 

If really worried about health you can wax the bottom of your sled/add sliders and you'd be surprised how much extra you can drag with a same effort as before. Or get another sled to rope behind the first to distribute weight over a larger surface area to reduce plowing drag.

I agree on the pricing for these augers, total rip off, but the electric augers are the way to go. I have had a jiffy for 25 or more years, and I hate using it now. Its a tank. Weighs a ton, and they are messy, but I won't get rid of it just yet. I also have a couple hand augers that i just can't seem to part with. 

After dealing with Ion's customer service the last couple days, we have discovered i have a dud auger, so they are hooking me up. I will keep ya's posted on its performance. Great customer service anyways, so that's always a good thing. 

S.