Myrtle Beach SC

Big Cliff

Ok, so the count down is now into days (well ok so it's still double digit but....)

I am going to be in Myrtle Beach at Apache Pier camp ground from roughly Jan. 1 to March 25, 2020 (the good lord willing)

I spent a few weeks there last winter and had a real hoot pier fishing (we caught almost everything that swims in those waters) and made many new friends but our real target was whitings (once you've tried them you'll want more, lots more......)

So, if any of you are thinking of heading South this winter either to Myrtle Beach or passing through the area give me a shout, the place I am renting is three bedroom and if we don't already have a full house we'll try to fit you in. If we already have a full house at that point we'll try to work something out with a neighbor, worst case scenario, a one week rental (all in) is like $650.00 including your security deposit ($100.00) which you get back if you leave the place clean (a month is only $850.00).

If you are flying in, again, just let me know, we could pick you up at the airport...... work with you to use our car if needed..... and I'd be happy to share what I've learned so far about pier fishing in Myrtle Beach (I even have spare rods and tackle if you need it but you can buy a rod and reel at Bass Pro for about $30.00).

Anyway, the offer is out there and I'd like nothing better than to share my good fortune (and limited knowledge) with other members of this board if I can.

• Like 2

We are basking in the sunshine of the DR this week. I'll save you some sunshine Cliff. Down to TL's sisters place. I didn't realize they have a guest house, some guest house, bigger than our little shack on Erie. A good chance to see how the top 3% ers live. They live well but I know they earned every penny so they deserve what they have worked for their entire lives,

My personal best fish in the Atlantic is Sea Trout. Not sure if I have caught a Whiting. Other than those big sharp upper teeth they look and taste like Specks. Easy to catch, shrimp on a simple Pickerel Rig. Don't lip one. 

Watch what you wish for Big Cliff, I might just point the Silverado towards Pittsburg and turn left at Mount Airey after the New Year. What can I bring? 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 6:00 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

We are basking in the sunshine of the DR this week. I'll save you some sunshine Cliff. Down to TL's sisters place. I didn't realize they have a guest house, some guest house, bigger than our little shack on Erie. A good chance to see how the top 3% ers live. They live well but I know they earned every penny so they deserve what they have worked for their entire lives,

My personal best fish in the Atlantic is Sea Trout. Not sure if I have caught a Whiting. Other than those big sharp upper teeth they look and taste like Specks. Easy to catch, shrimp on a simple Pickerel Rig. Don't lip one. 

Watch what you wish for Big Cliff, I might just point the Silverado towards Pittsburg and turn left at Mount Airey after the New Year. What can I bring? 

Please do, and you don't need to bring anything other than a smile and your sense of humor 😊

2 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Please do, and you don't need to bring anything other than a smile and your sense of humor 😊

Never say never. T.L. has her companies 3 day conference the 1st week of Feb. I just might point the Silverado your way. I'll bring my spinning reel and rod and a box full of hardware. That's all you really need down there. I see guys using 2X2's and chain falls to fish from piers. Not required. I will also bring all my Grand Mother and Mom's Italian recipes with me. If I do come you had better go on a diet now Cliff. 

• Like 1