Finding the Perfect Destination for Your Fishing Trip

gordy28

I am someone who really enjoys trip planning and research

Trying to find a new destination is what led me to join this board and others 

With all of the different types of trips and destination (in Ontario alone) it can be a bit overwhelming

Newest blog post is up  - https://www.northernjacks.com/post/finding-the-perfect-destination-trip-planning-part-3

Hope it helps 

Cheers

Andrew

A very professional blog. I'm not sure what a blog exactly is, it used to be called an article me thinks. Regardless I know how much work went into it. Good stuff Andrew. It will be very helpful to those planning a trip. Don't forget the Golf clubs. We would golf by day, or attend the ballet if the weather permitted  and Walleye fish by evening. I'm 65 now but wasn't always 65. 

I liked this article.

Early 2000's started online researching travel destinations and while working countless, quiet nightshifts and spending time away north for the job, still continue the same to this day. Great hobby actually.  Fist trips were Costa Rica with some deep sea in mind and, then more intensely BC sturgeon.   

Some decent books have come out, like Canada's Classic Fishing Lodges or North America's Greatest Fishing Lodges which did tend to write about the most pricey options but are still good reads.. Otherwise, the odd subscription like OC or OOD have good travel pieces sometimes.  Take that stuff for what it is though.

But I like your suggestion of visiting the forums mostly because it involves networking.  Making some calls, emails or messaging all works, but make more than one and to different people.  Some doods will sell you on everything as being the most epic  because that's what they do or who they are,  but having been all over the bloody place in the past 20 years I can tell ya, opinions on even the best lodges or places to fish in Canada can vary from one person to the next. Even two different people on the same trip can see things differently too.  In this regard, you've got the right idea being that you'll both hear the gospel and listen to the congregaton.        

Thanks guys

Enjoying the process.   Writing, managing the webpage and figuring out how to promote it have all been new things for me

Bunk I must beg forgiveness as your site is definitely one I use as well.  I know for certain i call it out in an upcoming post 

Cheers

Andrew