Licence Renewal

Fisherman

10 hours ago, Garnet said:

The first thing is I have something to talk about a CO can write any ticket they want.

I would visit justice of peace and have ticket thrown out. If CO had to many tickets thrown out the boss would notice.  

You can argue with the JoP if you want but it's pretty clear you are required to carry the card so I'm going to avoid the hassle in the future 

https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-outdoors-card#section-0

https://www.ontario.ca/document/ontario-fishing-regulations-summary/recreational-fishing-licence-information

Edited by G.mech

I've experienced both extremes. Once forgot my wallet with my license in it, and the CO said no worries, i will call it in. Great experience, nice guy! I didn't realize I'd forgotten it until I'd ordered my breaky at the timmys drive thru....lol

Then last year on the ice, I had the digital copy on my phone, but my phone died, so when he showed up to check, I had no proof of a license. He would not call it in. Said if I didn't show proof, I was getting a $244 fine.  He was being a total jerk about it, and I called him out on it, but no way was he calling anything in. He was with 2 more CO's and 2 cops. I logged into my email from  Loris phone and all was good. 

I saves a lot of Bull by just having a hard copy, and your card on you all the time. 

My card is good for another year, but i will need new hunting/fishing licenses for 2020. 

S. 

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

If my card and 3 year isn't here by J1 I'm still going fishing. I have done my part. Dec 3 the first available I bought and paid for licence.

If I get caught I will start with Justice of Piece. Like I said CO can lay any charge. 

Or, if you really wanted to, you could print the license summary and carry that until your new card comes like you're supposed to but you seem to prefer the JOP option so fill yer boots.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

Of course I will have my email and my credit card bill.

The CO can still lay a charge. Waste of paper but they can.

I checked my yellow paper tags. One is for my lic,one is for my sport and the 3rd one is my temporary outdoors card.  So I guess I am covered. New card required next year, so I guess I will get a hard card next year. :dunno:

This mixed up weather is not getting me excited to be in a rush anyways.LOL

I ordered my licence the same day (hour) that Fisherman started this thread. 
it was in the mail box tonight when I got home tonight. 10 days to process and delivered. Truly amazing for a  government agency?

Dan.
Thanks again Fisherman for the reminder.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanD said:

I ordered my licence the same day (hour) that Fisherman started this thread. 
it was in the mail box tonight when I got home tonight. 10 days to process and delivered. Truly amazing for a  government agency?

Dan.
Thanks again Fisherman for the reminder.  

Hahaha, I keep looking over my should wondering what's going to go wrong.