Licence Renewal

Fisherman

15 minutes ago, mamona said:

I still haven't received my 2019 (ordered last December). Don't they use plastics anymore?

Odd, I ordered mine last year (a 3-year) and got a new plastic card at the start of 2019.  

1 hour ago, TennesseeGuy said:

Printing the card works for me.   1 in my tackle bag.   1 in glove box of truck.   1 in my billfold.

I have one in each fishing pack, in my toon,on my cell, in my jacket,in my hut,in my floater suit.  Am I missing a spot ?

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I have one in each fishing pack, in my toon,on my cell, in my jacket,in my hut,in my floater suit.  Am I missing a spot ?

Perhaps one spot Brian, but I suspect that no one would want anything to do with it, if you kept it there!😀

HH

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

One other thing, why don't they go on a 5 year system like health cards and driver licence, it would cut down the massive cluster at the end of the year.

Because they don't intend to wait 5 years for an opportunity to raise the fee!

HH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, I can't remember where I saw it but CO's were giving fines for not having the Outdoor Cards.   I can't remember if this was resolved yet.

Early on people thought oh just carry the paper but then when stopped they did not have the card.

From the https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-outdoors-card

It stills states:

you must carry your Outdoors Card when hunting or fishing, unless you have just recently purchased the card and not yet received it in the mail. In this case, you must have a copy of your License Summary available.

An Outdoors Card is a plastic, wallet-sized identification card issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry that allows you to hunt or fish. You are required to carry this card with you at all times while hunting or fishing.

Edited by LeXXington
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, LeXXington said:

you must carry your Outdoors Card when hunting or fishing,

If this is the case, they best start doing their job on getting the cards out timely. I had to buy a new card last year. I have yet to receive a new replacement.  My fault?  Do not think so. I have my receipt and printed off yellow tags.

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I have pic of my card on my phone.

CO told me that was no good last year. You have to carry the card but you can use an electronic version of your license, tag, or license summary.  I actually thought he was going to give me a ticket but my charming personality must have won him over. 

28 minutes ago, G.mech said:

CO told me that was no good last year. You have to carry the card but you can use an electronic version of your license, tag, or license summary.  I actually thought he was going to give me a ticket but my charming personality must have won him over. 

Last year on trout opener a CO standing on the other side of the stream let me text a pic of my licence to him so he could verify. Also had to cast my bait across the water to him so he could make sure I was fishing barbless. 

• Haha 1