Tips on organizing a fly-in fishing trip

AnaThoms

Hi folks,

I'm planning on buying a fly-in fishing trip in Ontario for my brother and husband as a present for next year. Aside from Googling, does anyone have any advice on how to find and compare different outposts other than just going on their individual websites? Many thanks!

Hey there 

Lots of tips and tricks but my first big one would be to nail down your requirements 

How far are you willing to travel?

What species do you want to fish for

What type of accommodations do you need

How much are you will to spend per person?

In my blog I am actually going to be putting out a full series over the next few weeks on this 

www.northernjacks.com 

Cheers

Andrew 

20 hours ago, craigdritchie said:

Mike is the authority. https://www.canadafishingguide.net/

I agree with both comments that Mike is your go to guy. He helped with so many aspects for the trip that my brother and I took; it wouldn't have happened without Mike's help. He went as far as asking for my phone number, so he could call and ask what we wanted out of our trip. He made his assessment and offered his suggestions. He was right on the money for what we were looking for. He's a no crap guy that will tell you the facts as he knows them.

Dan.

I remember my Mom said do a special fishing trip for your Dad's 60th B Day. I spent the winter and scoured the internet and finally choose a spot, our 1st fly in.

Looking back, that was 30 fly ins ago for me, lol, it's awesome and addictive.

Like others have said, Mike is the guy.