Couple to start.

limeyangler

13 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Nice work, we'll have to wait a bunch longer.

We still only have 8" of ice max on Wabigoon, we are experiencing milder temps for a change this year. I'm still not confident to travel the main sections of the lake, by next week I will be though with the temps forecast and little or no snow forecast as of now.

2 minutes ago, GBW said:

I wish, as it's all open water here...  

Yeah, we had a much longer period this fall where we had open water but temps would at some point during the day get just cold enough to make line freeze a problem and curtail my efforts at landing a fish or 2 once my boat was winterized. My wife pointed out to me that she has noticed October/November and Apri/May are difficult months for me.....lol.

Edited by limeyangler
  • Haha 3

On 12/1/2019 at 9:33 AM, limeyangler said:

Yeah, we had a much longer period this fall where we had open water but temps would at some point during the day get just cold enough to make line freeze a problem and curtail my efforts at landing a fish or 2 once my boat was winterized. My wife pointed out to me that she has noticed October/November and Apri/May are difficult months for me.....lol.

It's still deer season here.  Not ready for the hard water yet!

Simon, if you took up hunting, you would have lots to do in October/November (grouse, migratory birds, moose, bear, deer) and April/May (if there are wild turkeys where you live, and a spring bear season.........)

But yes it would be good to set the hook into a crappie or two!

Doug

0EAB1CA8-8FF5-4B85-9638-5A2840C06D3A.jpeg.fe7de38ffb562cfa8c7892d464ccf3a5.jpegYeah, I love grouse hunting and so does my son Jack. I just find as soon as the snow flies they are there but stay in the bush more, and for the last few yers we’ve had a ton of snow in the first week of October!!! As for deer hunting it’s on my radar and believe me I’ve had hundreds of offers to go, I just don’t need to shoot a deer because there is no shortage of deer meat if I want some, seems like a lot of work .... lol. 

3 minutes ago, limeyangler said:

, I just don’t need to shoot a deer because there is no shortage of deer meat if I want some, seems like a lot of work .... lol. 

a thread on another fishing forum talked about what guys are losing passion for and most were saying dear hunting. Between land usage rights (especially down in the states) cost, work it was a big time ordeal. 

Ive considered taking up deer hunting, i have the benefit of some good land in my backyard, but even then it seems like way too much work, where with fishing I can choose to eat or not, and typically i catch every day.