Can Tire sale, Mr Buddy

GBW

I drove down the the Peterboro store for the 7:00 opening this morning and there were about 9 bazillion people ahead of me when the door opened. Everybody got in quick though and I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was and I was out the door again in 15 minutes.

A few minutes of utter pandemonium but I saved myself $250 so it was worth the craziness LOL

• Like 3

Stay away from buddy heaters, I've had a couple over the years and nothing but problems with them. I've had several days that they won't work in the cold around -25 even after keeping them in the house with the tank before leaving to the lake. The one I have now is possessed and the flame some times bursts up and looks like its about to explode. Never again!!! 

I have 3 and all work great, no problems here.

Some people have problems using 5# tanks, again no problem here. Key is to use the right hose AND a propane filter.  Also, always turn off the propane first and let the heater run out, that way there's no gas still in the hose (which can degrade the rubber if you don't have the right hose).

Finally if it doesn't want to start/stay running hold the dial down for 30 seconds after starting the pilot until it warms up a bit.

• Like 2

Haven't had any issues with mine, but I don't use it ice fishing as it's not big enough.

I use a sunflower heater when ice fishing.

The Buddy I bought to use in my popup camper in the fall in Alaska.

A lot better than the forced air one my camper came with.

I also run it on a 5# or 20# tank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terry said:

some people here will tell you I am hard on all my equipment 

This guy can look at something ,and it will break.

One have owned one heater, Always worked except for my own fault. Melted a piece of plastic on the flue. Cleaned and fired right up. I use mine all the time and it is on high. I like my sauna. I also only use the green bottles. Which reminds me,need to stock up.

• Haha 1

myself, and my two best friends that I fish with all use Buddy heaters with propane hoses that we ordered off of amazon hooked up to barbecue propane tanks. We all have never had any issues over the past 4 years. My only complaint about my little buddy heater is that the cage has a nack for popping off when its being towed in the sled.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, canoecarrier said:

Stay away from buddy heaters, I've had a couple over the years and nothing but problems with them. I've had several days that they won't work in the cold around -25 even after keeping them in the house with the tank before leaving to the lake. The one I have now is possessed and the flame some times bursts up and looks like its about to explode. Never again!!! 

LMAO, prob just don't know how to use it. Six yr's and still going strong.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 4:13 PM, misfish said:

Which reminds me,need to stock up.

Stock up?

I have 10 or 12 bottles that I have been refilling. $20.00 for a 3 pack at Crappy; I can refill 3 bottles for a little under $3.00. I have never had an issue with "dirty" propane affecting my Buddy? Even though we cannot buy the fill adapters here at the stores; you can get them off of Amazon for around $10.00. I made my own with a parts from different units that has a hose between to supply tank and the bottle. That way I can place the bottle on a scale and stop filling it when it reaches approx 70%.61q6YFo5lNL._SL1000_.jpg

On 11/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, Terry said:

I bought one 15 years ago and just last year I bought a new one

but still have not used it cause the old one just keeps working

and some people here will tell you I am hard on all my equipment 

so two thumbs up from me 

I have had the same experience, my original one is about 12 years old and I bought a new one on sale and it's still in the box! LOL

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I carry a top burner as a spare just in case. Takes up no space.

I get greenies for $4:45 :good:

Every trip into Wally Mart, CTC, Home Hardware these days they seem to be $7 a tin... when you can refill them for a BUCK ! IF you want to start Brian, I have a couple dozen empties here, I grab them from the PPark every Fall for the boys, left by the "green conscious" campers that leave them behind and the park absolutely hates them! I still use my 20 lb'r and a sunflower, but I now carry a top burner and 1lb'rs to take the frost off quick and cook lunch. The "boys" use at least 2 tanks a day x our 10 day trips... $20 vs $100+ !

Edited by irishfield

On 11/28/2019 at 12:46 PM, lew said:

I drove down the the Peterboro store for the 7:00 opening this morning and there were about 9 bazillion people ahead of me when the door opened. Everybody got in quick though and I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was and I was out the door again in 15 minutes.

A few minutes of utter pandemonium but I saved myself $250 so it was worth the craziness LOL

I walked into the Ptb store after work (approx 4:30pm) and picked up the Buddy heater and a couple other 1/2 price sale items.  No problem with inventory.   :)