Aqua-vu camera comments?

captpierre

So,  I’ve been pretty good this past year and I’m thinking Santa might come through. 

Does anybody have experience with the Aqua-vu 715c camera?  Reviews are generally positive. I fish mainly weededges and humps for walleye  on Pigeon. 8-20 ft. Water is relatively clear.  It would be nice to know what’s going on down there. 

Edited by captpierre

I thought the same as you.  I bought an aqua view micro to check out some of my favourite rock piles etc.  Turns out I really only use it ice fishing.  It has been nice to figure out what’s suspended on the sonar a few times but overall I really don’t seem to break it out much during the summer.  My kids absolutely love it on the ice though.

I saw an article the guys that won the big bass tournament on Simcoe last year? I believe they said they used their electronics to locate smallies and then a camera to make sure they were the size they wanted.

Going back a lot of years, my buddy's son and his partner used one on Lake Chautauqua in New York, they had a muskie bump the camera, saw other fish, but getting them to hit was problematic?

If you see fish? how much time are willing to spend enticing them to eat? That said? I wish they had today's tools and equipment when I was still fishing.

Edited by OhioFisherman

I had problems with mine and even contacted the company to get it fixed but was told to buy a new one. Even offered me a discount. But no way was I going to shell our several hundred bucks again for a camera that I hardly used. Check out Ebay since there are underwater cameras that are about $150. that'll do the same thing. And if and when they go you can do the same thing......toss em and get another..... only with much less $$$$ involved.  

10 hours ago, Dan668 said:

I thought it be cool to use, but I icefish mainly for lakers. Not sure if its even usable that deep, in terms of visibility. 

The one shown has 50ft of cable . Mine had 100 or so. Never used over 55ft depth but visibility was good on Simcoe.  The light could also be switched on but never used it since I felt it would affect bites. Oh I did find that for sure whitefish didn't like it and wouldn't hit a nearby spreader with the camera there. No problem with monster Ling though. They bumped/tried to eat the camera a couple of times. 

19 hours ago, Dan668 said:

I thought it be cool to use, but I icefish mainly for lakers. Not sure if its even usable that deep, in terms of visibility. 

I had an older one and down 90' visibility was pretty good on Simcoe,  on tea stained lakes or Nipp may 2-3 feet.