Reviews on Clam Yukon needed

muskymatt

I have had that one for a few years. 

Plastic tub is paper thin, make sure to get runners.

I use only one chair but it still has a good weight.

Not sure if they fixed it yet but one thing that drove me nuts was the skirt on the tow side.  It was not long enough to tuck away and with a tow bar you could not close it fully on the one side.

Overall no issues. 

22 hours ago, LeXXington said:

Not sure if they fixed it yet but one thing that drove me nuts was the skirt on the tow side.  It was not long enough to tuck away and with a tow bar you could not close it fully on the one side.

Overall no issues. 

I went to Cabelas yesterday to check it out. Man is it sweet, base is thick plastic, nothing thin about that. Great looking seats that swivel and can move back and forth. Insulated top looks awesome and the door positions are great. Especially the one on the back. Bar extension mechanisms are solid and easy to use. It's 75" tall which is great to stand up when needed. Lots of room. All for a thousand bucks.

5 hours ago, muskymatt said:

After tow bar and cover, taxes, the Otter is over $2000. A bit more than I'd like to pay

Yeah, that's what said the 3 times I bought clam huts before my otter. The 3 clams are now broken, split, and garbage. Wish I'd spent the extra the first time. My otter is waaaay tougher, warmer, and haven't had a single issue in 3 seasons.I tore a clam sled apart in one trip once (2 man guide, clam told me to suck a big one) . I haven't had the Yukon, but wrecked a guide, voyager, and fish trap so far. No more clams for this guy.   Done with them. Soooo done! 

S. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, LeXXington said:

Overall no issues. 

All extremely accurate. I’ve got holes in my sled from ice punching through...the skirt on that spot is torn from dragging after falling out from under the cover.

ours is holding up but it definitely leaves some stuff to be desired