Jump to content

Toronto_Angler

A record-breaking swordfish was caught after an 8 hour fight.

Recommended Posts

Wow crazy story and once in a lifetime catch. I  ignored the P3TA stuff as it was a legal catch, eaten and thats how he makes his living. Sad thats its even a debate

https://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/05/08/a-record-breaking-swordfish-was-caught-after-an-8-hour-fight-its-legal-but-is-it-right/

swordfish.jpeg

Edited by Toronto_Angler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice catch...but i dont know who in the hell would want to eat that thing unless you are into lead poisoning and cancer.

 

Could you imagine the level of biomagnification goin on in a predatory fish that size. Yeeesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

nice catch...but i dont know who in the hell would want to eat that thing unless you are into lead poisoning and cancer.

 

Could you imagine the level of biomagnification goin on in a predatory fish that size. Yeeesh

Yah, but think of how many tacos that's gonna bring? LOL

My first thoughts as well...

Unbelievable fish though...

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Yah, but think of how many tacos that's gonna bring

On second thought...you are definitely right...it’s worth it for tacos 🌮 mmmmmmmmm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever see the program Wicked Tuna? People have no problem paying thousands of dollars for a big bluefin tuna, and they seem to eat the same baits.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🤣

“I am not going against fishing, I am against unnecessarily harmful practices that harm species,” Shiffman said. “It’s not illegal, they did eat it rather than take a picture and dump it overboard for no reason, but it didn’t need to have been killed.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really , after an eight hour fight it would have been a waste to release it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

Ever see the program Wicked Tuna? People have no problem paying thousands of dollars for a big bluefin tuna, and they seem to eat the same baits.

 

Love that show. I love saltwater fish. i know swordfish and Tuna are full of mercury but damn they taste good. Everything in moderation I guess

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...