A record-breaking swordfish was caught after an 8 hour fight.

Toronto_Angler

Wow crazy story and once in a lifetime catch. I  ignored the P3TA stuff as it was a legal catch, eaten and thats how he makes his living. Sad thats its even a debate

https://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/05/08/a-record-breaking-swordfish-was-caught-after-an-8-hour-fight-its-legal-but-is-it-right/

swordfish.jpeg

Edited by Toronto_Angler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

nice catch...but i dont know who in the hell would want to eat that thing unless you are into lead poisoning and cancer.

Could you imagine the level of biomagnification goin on in a predatory fish that size. Yeeesh

Yah, but think of how many tacos that's gonna bring? LOL

My first thoughts as well...

Unbelievable fish though...

HH

🤣

“I am not going against fishing, I am against unnecessarily harmful practices that harm species,” Shiffman said. “It’s not illegal, they did eat it rather than take a picture and dump it overboard for no reason, but it didn’t need to have been killed.”

3 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

Ever see the program Wicked Tuna? People have no problem paying thousands of dollars for a big bluefin tuna, and they seem to eat the same baits.

Love that show. I love saltwater fish. i know swordfish and Tuna are full of mercury but damn they taste good. Everything in moderation I guess

• Like 1