tiger musky ! my first.

muskybw

it wasn't big, hit a 10 in. hard bait, 4 trebles & flew out of the water when hooked, beautiful pattern & color. OCTOBER 19TH, I POSTED PICS--the fish in the holding tank, tiger musky, is the fish in this pic.

image0 (1).png

Edited by muskybw
holding tank fish is this fish on oct.19 !
  • Like 2

Remember posting this one years back that I thought was a tiger muskie.  Had similar markings to the fish in this post AND it had the very rounded tiger / pike tail. Was newer to muskie fishing so didn't know for sure, but was told by some here it's just a barred muskie.  Thing of it is, there can likely be some variations considering a 1st generation tiger could reproduce with a 100% pike or muskie down the line and offset their typical appearances even more... I suppose?

Autumn12-092.jpg?resize=799,571

I have one that I had mounted in 81'. I have had Musky experts agree and disagree it is a true Tiger. That was a time you killed and stuffed fish. For many years latter I felt guilty I had it stuffed, then I found out they can't breed. I hope that's true. And I agree what a nice clean Musky. LSC, yep they have that light shade maybe because of the clear water. I found the Pics are a lighter shade too when we fished the lake many Moons ago.