What happened to Roy

aplumma

Sorry folks this thread got deleted when  Cannabis Junky was banned  from OFC . I felt that it was such a good thread I am restarting it. 

Roy due to health issues retired from OFC. I will never be able to fill his shoes completely but I will continue to try. Thank you to Roy for all of the time he freely gave to the members here and for the friendship that I have enjoyed with him for all of those years. 

Art

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, misfish said:

Wow ,all that effort put forth by members posting pics and all, and you deleted it all ? Not cool Art. . I get the Junkie thing, you don't like him.  But many here do. I didn't see anything wrong with his post.

Sorry it is not recoverable it auto deletes when a member is banned. I don't know why you think I didn't like him I had no feelings either way. If he wants to accuse me of something publicly and then lay into me privately then anyones ass is gone.  Even a member who has been here since the beginning does not get that ticket. For everyones information I am pro weed and hope that someday the USA allows it. 

Art

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, misfish said:

Junkie, is our DON CHERRY,,,:canadian:

Actually I locked it and deleted it... Cannabis Junkie looks to be an alias for a second account here.. and all his/her posts were about growing weed on our fishing forum, we are trying our best to keep the content as much about fishing as possible.  Im as pro cannabis as anyone, but its not very fishing related and it looked alot like spam to me. No Profile Picture, a gmail address thats never been used anywhere else., Using a VPN ...  We get complaints about everything... not enough fishing posts or too many non fishing posts.. there's no winning that discussion.   If we allowed every new member to just come on and talk about non fishing things this wouldn't be much of a fishing forum.  It looked like spam to me..  Fishing posts as much as possible please, but for your first posts to be weed and only weed related, well thats just spammy. - as is second acounts, which are SPECIFICALLY not allowed it looks like that was.... all IPs are recorded.  that's my take..   Cannabis has done alot of good things for alot of people, but there are PLENTY of Canadian Cannabis forums out there to choose from.  It was reported as spam to me and I took what I thought was reasonable action. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Hopefully we can get some of those pictures re-posted, the one of Beans, Roy, Lew and myself on our deck out at Sturgeon lake brought back a lot of wonderful memories.

Your wish is my command my friend...

1267952646_RoysvisittoCliffs001.jpg.c9a678da217f3718ddd289e44827e8cf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All four of them have my respect and no I have never met any of them personally; but I know that they had done things here that have helped and touched everyone.

The spearhead of the great crew here.

Dan.

Edited by DanD
My Poor spellinggggs
  • Like 1

I hope Roy checks in from time to time and knows we think of him. I met Roy a couple times...but what I remember best is him driving a freeking long way to a G2G at Lakair...and then his boat never actually getting off the trailer. Roy seemed perfectly content to hang out and chat with old friends, meet a couple new ones, and occasionally pass out in a lawn chair.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Loonietoon said:

What a great time we use to have and sure do miss these GTGs we use to have :worthy:😍👍

Used to be fun times for sure Kelvin, there's still a few of us who head to the West Arm every June.

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2019 at 3:50 PM, OhioFisherman said:

Sorry to hear about Roy's health issues he was always good to me, and I have only met two people from the board.

Paul I'm glad I was one of them 

15 hours ago, Squid said:

I will dig up some old pictures of lakair good times.

Pete, I need to do the same

2 hours ago, lew said:

Used to be fun times for sure Kelvin, there's still a few of us who head to the West Arm every June.

Lew we had a blast, my son still remembers the piece of pie your wife gave him.

My first trip to Lakair, I decided at the last minute to go. Drove all night, upon arrival at about 5am I was sitting in a chair down by the docks enjoying an ice cold beer and the first person I met was Maureen, she knew exactly who I was and couldn't believe I was there. Lew was the second, he'd already been up for a half a day lol. Wayne was generous enough to let me bunk in his RV and fish with him. 

I had a blast and everyone I met at my first G2G would be welcome at my dinner table any day, except for maybe JP, don't know if I could afford to feed him lol. 

Roy treated me well and I was glad to spend some time with him on a couple occasions.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, irishfield said:

Reminds me.. did I ever send you that bill for accommodations ?? :lol:

No but your bill from Kevin should have told the story :D

If you remember and I'm sure you do, you wouldn't even let me pay you for what I broke ..... still can't believe that I did that :rolleyes:

• Like 1