Aluminum to Fiberglass

b_cdot

On 11/22/2019 at 2:54 PM, Lape0019 said:

Let's be honest though, a Pro V is nowhere near what people think of when they are discussing aluminum boats. It is a top tier multi species rig on the market that competes very well with the fiberglass options out there. 

It is top tier but so is the fs series, just looking at similar lengths and motors. pro v 2175 starts at $81605 US, pro v limited 2175 $94690 US 😲. FS621pro and Ranger cup range from $74695- $76695 US. How is it justified to spend that much more on an aluminum boat? It's unbelievable if you ask me 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, b_cdot said:

It is top tier but so is the fs series, just looking at similar lengths and motors. pro v 2175 starts at $81605 US, pro v limited 2175 $94690 US 😲. FS621pro and Ranger cup range from $74695- $76695 US. How is it justified to spend that much more on an aluminum boat? It's unbelievable if you ask me 

Some one has to collect all those old beer cans?

Less labour $$'s involved in running a chop gun and shooting epoxy into a mould than drilling, deburring and riveting an aluminum hull properly. My 2150 Baron was a $90K Cdn boat + tax in 2007. The 275 Verado was about $30K of that..

Edited by irishfield

12 minutes ago, irishfield said:

Less labour $$'s involved in running a chop gun and shooting epoxy into a mould than drilling, deburring and riveting an aluminum hull properly. My 2150 Baron was a $90K Cdn boat + tax in 2007. The 275 Verado was about $30K of that..

This is why I'm still running my 29 year old Fisher!!!!

Can't afford to replace it with a newer boat.