Fishing lodge/cabin recommendations

Locnar

Hey fellas, 

A couple work buddies and I are looking to rent a cabin for a few days next June, and was wondering if anyone had any information. So many places to chose from, all claiming they're the greatest. Preferably within 8hrs of Toronto and hopefully not overly expensive. As for fish species... walleye, pike, maybe rainbow trout. Anything is greatly appreciated.

Tight lines

I would look around the gowganda or blind river area if rainbows are on the want list, some stocked lakes around gowganda and stocked bows in the river close to laurentian lodge which also has small mouth pike and Lakers in the lake. If you take rainbow off the list it will open up more options for sure. 8 hours can put you as far west as the Sault or as north as Cochrane with lots of great spots in that catchment area.

I  would check out rays fish camp on Ramsey lake near Sudbury, I see he has daily rates plus I've heard good things about Ramsey. My experience in your range is very limited, I hope Chris Brock or Adam Dempsey chimes in they would definitely be a huge help. Check out Adams directory https://fishingoutposts.com or post the same question on Mike Borger' s site canadafishingguide.net

Agree with what's been said.  Rainbows just complicates things.  Never stayed at Ray's Camp but, Ramsey is good fun.

If you want some variety, check out Moosehorn lodge in Chapleau.  Decent walleye fishing on the lake but the set up is a bit unique in that they have boats cached at lots of different lakes in the area.  They'll give you a key and an appropriate motor and you can choose your own adventure- Pike, walleye, brook trout, whitefish or smallmouth (open all year).  You can do a week for about $500 a person including boat, gas and bait.  

It's been quite a few years, but I spent a week at Rays and the walleye fishing was like a fly in.

Brennan Harbour, Lady Evelyn, West Arm and Upper French stuff are worth a look.

Contact Borger, he gave me a little tid bit, I can't mention it, but maybe he'll pass it your way.

Looking for Gowganda area check out gowbushkon.com located on Gowganda Lake with Rainbow lakes a short distance away. Pickeral is the main fish of the lake along with small mouth bass,pike, lake trout,perch . Reasonable prices depending on what dates you want should have something available.

10 hours ago, Locnar said:

Gowganda seems like a good balance of distance and pricing... and remoteness. Thanks fellas, I'll be browsing and contacting some folks. 

About 18 years ago my brother and I went to Lost Lake Lodge near Gowganda and had a great trip. They had boats on a bunch of different lakes and you just made small portages between them carrying your gear and small outboard motor.

No Idea what it's like now but may be worth checking out and if it's as good as it used to be you'll have a nice trip.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:00 AM, lew said:

About 18 years ago my brother and I went to Lost Lake Lodge near Gowganda and had a great trip. They had boats on a bunch of different lakes and you just made small portages between them carrying your gear and small outboard motor.

No Idea what it's like now but may be worth checking out and if it's as good as it used to be you'll have a nice trip.

I was looking at their site the other day, they seem like a good option. Just gotta talk with my buddies and figure it out. Thanks for the input