What do you think this is??

TJQ

30 minutes ago, irishfield said:

That'd make  you crap your pants? Ever heard Fox pups at night, now that'll make you sit up and take notice. They sound like some prehistoric pterodactyl

No but I've heard a large grizzly bear sniffing at the side of my tent!!!  😮

That's a real sphincter tightener!!!! ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:34 AM, NAW said:

Some little critter.  Maybe a young rabbit or fox of yearling deer whimpering? 

I do some coyote hunting, and my electronic call has several distress calls that sound similar to that.  Some sort of distress call. 

X2

I just listened to the video again with my head phone cranked up. 

Originally, I thought it was the baby noise you where talking about.  Cuz that sounds like a rabbit in distress.   But now that I have herd that demonic sound in the back ground, I am confused. 

My guess would be a wolf or dog as mentioned earlier. 

Creepy noise that's for sure. 

I used to have a pile of fishers in my bush, and they would make some hair raising sounds.  But nothing that deep. 

It's a big K9 or sasquash..  Gotta be.

Well I knew if I logged in their would be some discussion on this! I can honestly say I have no clue, however I know one thing for sure... if its not a hoax whatever it is has a lot of lungs. Now I know full well how sound can travel in the bush and be completely distorted either sounding way further away or much closer than it actually is.. if I had to guess I would say that is travelling from a bush line out over an old swamp/beaver meadow and then echoing through the trees.

as to what it is...well my best guess would be a bull moose (on the roar side of things) but the first few seconds definitely  sound wolf howl like.

Right time of year for a lost deer dog. They come in all shapes and sizes from beagles to elk hounds. Also it may be caught in a leg snare or some such thing. I have seen the aftermath of a few bears caught in illegal snares and they must have gone through an awful painful death.

• Like 1