So long Grapes.

captpierre

1 hour ago, captpierre said:

I guess he crossed the line.

For some, he did.

Every time a , you got to be friendly,and say the right words and not offend someone comment is made to me, I reply with,,,,,,,,,,,

Have you ever watched the movie, Demolition man ?

• Like 1

Freedom of speech has zero to do with people saying racist things without consequences. Long time coming. He hasn't been able to finish a sentence for almost as long as he hasn't been able to finish a thought. 

And that's coming from a white middle aged male born in Canada hockey fan. The only demographic he hasn't said something uninformed about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kickingfrog said:

Freedom of speech has zero to do with people saying racist things without consequences. Long time coming. He hasn't been able to finish a sentence for almost as long as he hasn't been able to finish a thought. 

What did Cherry say that was racist?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kickingfrog said:

What does he say that isn't racist. You go first because your list is shorter.

All I'm asking for is for you to tell me what he said on Sat that was racist?   That's it.   Once you do I'll simply point out that your interpretation of what he said probably isn't the same as everyone else's and that calling him a racist is ridiculous.    

• Like 4

I would like to see or hear exactly what he said. I  don't follow Hockey any longer but would tune in between the 1st and 2nd period on Hockey Night in Canada just to listen to him. It was refreshing when you listened to a Talking Head that didn't tow the company line and didn't care what he said and who he said it to. People are so sensitive today. Especially you millennials that got a participation trophy for coming in last in anything. I'll leave it at that. I don't want to get Mod queued. 

When I was a kid I worked security during the tapping of his TV show The Grapevine if I can remember that long ago in his restaurant and bar in downtown Hamilton on Main St. I found him to be very respectful to all the staff unlike many of his guests and a certain producer of the show that is now a star of the US reality show "Sharks Tank." Yep that would be Mr. Wonderful when he had a head of curly hair and wasn't a multi millionaire yet. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

19 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I would like to see or hear exactly what he said. I  don't follow Hockey any longer but would tune in between the 1st and 2nd period on Hockey Night in Canada just to listen to him. It was refreshing when you listened to a Talking Head that didn't tow the company line and didn't care what he said and who he said it to. People are so sensitive today. Especially you millennials that got a participation trophy for coming in last in anything. I'll leave it at that. I don't want to get Mod queued. 

When I was a kid I worked security during the tapping of his TV show The Grapevine if I can remember that long ago in his restaurant and bar in downtown Hamilton on Main St. I found him to be very respectful to all the staff unlike many of his guests and a certain producer of the show that is now a star of the US reality show "Sharks Tank." Yep that would be Mr. Wonderful when he had a head of curly hair and wasn't a multi millionaire yet. 

I’m glad he wouldn’t apologize.  His statement was exactly what it needed to be.  Wouldn’t bend to the lefty’s for a second.  MacLean should be ashamed of himself for not having the guts to stand by him.  You’d think that after 30 years of working with a guy there would be some loyalty.

Edited by porkpie
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, BillM said:

All I'm asking for is for you to tell me what he said on Sat that was racist?   That's it.   Once you do I'll simply point out that your interpretation of what he said probably isn't the same as everyone else's and that calling him a racist is ridiculous.    

Agreed. 

• Like 4

YOU PEOPLE

You and you and you and you and ME.

YOU PEOPLE

Warm milk and honey. Great stuff.

9 hours ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Finally !!!!!

I don't want to hear about Bobby Orr.....Anymore !

The greatest D man you will ever see. :good::canadian:

Edited by misfish
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Squid said:

Glad that he is gone. He is anti-immigrant and pro white so bye bye. Canada is all  inclusive and if you cannot get behind that then get in line behind cherry and show your true colors.

He number 7 👍 on the list of the most admired Canadians  and that list is quite lib/left biased as David Suzuki and Pierre Trudeau are above him.

• Thanks 2

He was blunt that's for sure but the scary part is I can't figure out why people find what he said racist??  As an old guy I think'll just refrain from saying anything these days. He didn't try to assign reasons for the lack of poppies; he just made an observation.

• Like 3