So long Grapes.

captpierre

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Funny how there was a "protest" in front of Rogers head office yesterday and about a dozen showed up LOL. Some folks that support Cherry and his racism come from one of these.

image.png.f06914b6cce6fdf72a36a34311be20c9.png

That shack is going for about 800K in T.O. Balance deleted. I was taking unwarranted shots at you. Not necessary. Bill might be right.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

1 hour ago, limeyangler said:

Really? Yeah and maybe Elvis is still alive and driving Taxi in Quebec.

Elvis is alive and well. He is sharing a place with Bruce Lee.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

The important things is the he has been silenced for good on television.  BUHBYE LOL

I wouldn't bet the farm on that Pete.

I'm not surprised by his firing we all knew who he was singling out with his comments and how the pc Twitter warriors would react. The problem Is the hypocrisy on the left, when Prime ministers  gets caught in blackface they acknowledge it was wrong but all is forgiven  with conversation and apologies... after all he's one of us he's a champion of diversity but if your clearly conservative the punishment has to be immediate exile. Our pm was also accused of groping women but never suffered a consequence like Patrick Brown did, this double standard is very dangerous. If your a moderate or even slightly to the right there's a real danger of this happening to you. Extremely dangerous road we are on if my charter rights are judged by the Twitter mob.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ckewley said:

Funny how 2 guy's on opposite sides of the spectrum can carry a conversation back then with nobody getting their nose outa wack  

WOW, talk about the 'white' elephant in the room. Two white guys on the opposite side of the spectrum. And as for nobody getting their nose outta whack? Black people's noses back then were just "outa wack" in response to racism as it is to this day.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:44 PM, Weeds said:

Has he made any attempt to deny that his comments were aimed at immigrants? You’d think that be the natural response of someone who felt they’d been misunderstood. I would of thought he’d have had ample time by now.

He was interviewed and said he should have used the word 'everyone' instead.

So if anyone in a workplace says what he said they should be fired without getting the opportunity to explain themselves to HR? I hope he goes after them in court. He'd win.

He has always supported veterans and heroes of all backgrounds evenly from what I recall. This is how a patriot is treated. Bad show. Mac Clean abandoned his bread and butter and i hope he gets sidelined when the new crew is selected.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cisco said:

So if anyone in a workplace says what he said they should be fired without getting the opportunity to explain themselves to HR? I hope he goes after them in court. He'd win.

I am one that goes to the supervisor and say, can you get your people to operate the machines the way they are suppose to. My supervisor even says, my people , as he is addressing to his team of maintenance guys.

22 hours ago, BillM said:

I think we've all said our peace, I'd suggest an admin just lock this thread and we can go back to talking about heated guides and when we can start icefishing :)

Agreed---right or wrong, everyone seems to have an entrenched position so it's pointless to fling more arguments back and forth. Pull the plug, mods

6 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

Agreed---right or wrong, everyone seems to have an entrenched position so it's pointless to fling more arguments back and forth. Pull the plug, mods

Here in North Bay we say "there are three things you don't talk about: politics, religion, and netting on Lake nipissing".

Bringing up any of those topics is pointless because as you correctly pointed out, most people are completely entrenched with their opinion and will never be swayed. 

Never been so true as it is with US politics right now. And I think the most interesting part is the psychology of it all. How can an entire country be split somewhat evenly with both sides being polar opposites on every issue? It's fascinating. 

21 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

Agreed---right or wrong, everyone seems to have an entrenched position

Yes, do I tie more hot pink, or more green or white roe bags for Sundays fish. Dime size or big loony ones ? Got a dozen of each, good to go. What say SCL ? :Gonefishing:

Edited by misfish

Sportsnet aired Coaches Corner 3 times that night if I am not mistaken.   I do not know anything about the production but let's say the first airing is live.   Then why did they air it 2 more times that evening if they had a problem with it?  I don't find what Grapes said to be offensive but should the folks at Sportsnet not be held to the same standard that they holding Grapes to?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

"The silent majority is always going to be a state of mind," he said. "It's a feeling. It's a feeling of dispossession. And that feeling of dispossession can come about most dramatically in times when things seem to be changing, when all that's solid melts into air."

3 hours ago, Flippin-Jig said:

Sportsnet aired Coaches Corner 3 times that night if I am not mistaken.   I do not know anything about the production but let's say the first airing is live.   Then why did they air it 2 more times that evening if they had a problem with it?  I don't find what Grapes said to be offensive but should the folks at Sportsnet not be held to the same standard that they holding Grapes to?

My understanding is that the show is pretaped so they have it ready to play whenever the  differing games are finished the first period. There is no doubt sportsnet watched the show before it aired and approved it to be played, which leaves me to believe that it was a Rogers decision to can Cherry after they caved in to the online pressure.

Cheers