So long Grapes.

captpierre

32 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

It's only offensive to the easily offended. I say to them grow a backbone and get over it.

By FAR most of the comments I've seen on social media totally support him, one petition had over 60K signatures. Tons of the comments are also about dropping sportsnet  from their tv packages and switching their phone packages from Rogers. Rogers is likely going to take a big hit financially and it looks good on them for succumbing to all the lefty hypocrites.

People tend to only follow others on social media that are like minded and of similar opinions

Once again it's great to see the anti immigrant stance of a lot of members on this board. Threads like these make me wonder why I stick around here as you see the true colours of some people. Guess Im a glutton for punishment.

Waiting for the inevitable "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" from the usual suspects.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2019 at 8:39 PM, BillM said:

What did Cherry say that was racist?  

You really need me to quote what he said? That's weak. You are not ignorant so don't play it. Cherry knows it's racist. His supporters know it's racist. They support him because he is who he is. He was allowed to say it and would have been able to continue if he had apologized. He didn't, because he didn't miss speak, or stumble over his words (which he does a lot). 

9 hours ago, smitty55 said:

It's only offensive to the easily offended. I say to them grow a backbone and get over it.

By FAR most of the comments I've seen on social media totally support him, one petition had over 60K signatures. Tons of the comments are also about dropping sportsnet  from their tv packages and switching their phone packages from Rogers. Rogers is likely going to take a big hit financially and it looks good on them for succumbing to all the lefty hypocrites.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/hazel-mccallion-others-to-rally-in-support-of-don-cherry?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3hHzF_3iuC5zifPMdkjd3c0uzguCubVveu9d3jQ0RX6OBqx3_9bdr8Up4#Echobox=1573613961

74209727_2810205879010956_41962826914332672_n.png

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Toronto_Angler said:

Once again it's great to see the anti immigrant stance of a lot of members on this board. Threads like these make me wonder why I stick around here as you see the true colours of some people. Guess Im a glutton for punishment.

Waiting for the inevitable "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" from the usual suspects.

I am not surprised. Disappointed yes but not surprised about the attitude  of this board. One big reason why I left it for so many years. 

38 minutes ago, Squid said:

I am not surprised. Disappointed yes but not surprised about the attitude  of this board. One big reason why I left it for so many years. 

It's not just the attitude of "this board"....  It is being echo'd across the country.    

IMO, you calling out "This Board", is just as bad as Don saying "you people". 

We all have are opinions, and that's a good thing.

Edited by NAW
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Squid said:

'this board'is too broad a brush.There are a whole variety of opinions across the spectrum. And while we don't see some of the wild excesses so prevalent on social media,there is enough to warrant the mods ban on politics. 

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Obviously , you are not on Canadiangunnutz or a couple of the US Hunting and Fishing forums I belong to, this board is actually quite tolerant. 

Edited by dave524

2 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

You should have seen some of the crap over on the OFAH board when they had a political sub-forum. Unbelievable!!  

I left the OFAH over 20 years ago when the " FUDDS " there sold out recreational shooters with their " it's not suitable for hunting B.S." Guess even they have been pushed too far since then or got their heads out the sand.

Last I understood, were all immigrants. Was I offended, NO!!

I hope Don runs for Prime Minister:good:, we need someone that tells the truth. and that so called friend Mclean should be ashamed throwing his partner under the bus.:angry:

Were living in a weak world now. To many people throwing the race card if they disagree.

You can't say a thing to your kids anymore or they'll run to mommy and cry, try and take their cel phone off them, life ended I'll commit suicide.

Edited by Fish Farmer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fish Farmer said:

Last I understood, were all immigrants. Was I offended, NO!!

I hope Don runs for Prime Minister:good:, we need someone that tells the truth. and that so called friend Mclean should be ashamed throwing his partner under the bus.:angry:

Were living in a weak world now.

You can say a thing to your kids anymore or they'll run to mommy and cry, try and take their cel phone off them, life ended I'll commit suicide.

Newfies are the most toughest immigrants bye. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirCranksalot said:

'this board'is too broad a brush.There are a whole variety of opinions across the spectrum. And while we don't see some of the wild excesses so prevalent on social media,there is enough to warrant the mods ban on politics. 

If only the mods would stick to the no political posts rule. Love talking fishing here. Hate talking politics. I mean there are a million toxic political boards for that. Fishing is my escape from that garbage but it seems that the toxic political talk takes that away here.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

See,this here is what I do not get Pete . I respect your opinion, but you cant others. Why is that ? 

12 hours ago, Toronto_Angler said:

True colors ? What world to you live in that everything is peachy keen ?

As for the door comment, nah, stick around, ice will be here soon and there will be more fishing reports. LOL

I dont see it political. It,s Don Cherry after all. LOL

Edited by misfish

Just now, misfish said:

True colors ? What world to you live in that everything is peachy keen ?

As for the door comment, nah, stick around, ice will be here soon and there will be more fishing reports. LOL

The real world is not peachy keen but the one here where I come to talk about fishing should be :)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Toronto_Angler said:

The real world is not peachy keen but the one here where I come to talk about fishing should be :)

I've been a member of this board for 17 years and don't ever remember it being strictly fishing, infact some of the best ever discussions around here have had nothing to do with fishing. 

As far as Don Cherry's opinions, he's entitled to think whatever he wants.

Personally, I buy & wear a poppy the 1st day they become available and always wear it till the 11th but if I see someone not wearing one I certainly wouldn't chastise him for it because it's his choice.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Toronto_Angler said:

If only the mods would stick to the no political posts rule. Love talking fishing here. Hate talking politics. I mean there are a million toxic political boards for that. Fishing is my escape from that garbage but it seems that the toxic political talk takes that away here.

You don't have to open a thread, you choose to...you can't blame others for your choices.

HH

• Like 5