Ethanol video. Pretty convincIng.

captpierre

We didn't get the bottom of the boat wet this year and hardly last year, maybe 2 trips. I only filled it once in spring of 17'. I didn't go through that fuel in 2017. So I have a 1/2 tank of fuel from 2 years ago. I will pump it all out before I even think about turning the key. The carbs should be dry when winterized in fall of 17'. I use Shell premium and still put in Seafoam and or 2 plus 4. Many boat Guru's call Seafoam is fake tune up in a bottle and say it's a waste of money. We never think we are going to have 2 year old fuel in our barges because we plan on using it. Sometimes plans don't work out like we would like. I broke my back the end of 16'. I brought in my kicker tank to the county hazardous goods recycle day in Sept. They said they need to keep the tank. I don't think so, now I have to find some old cheap red containers to dump it into. I think I paid around 75 bucks for the low profile tank with gas gauge. What do they do with all the gas cans/portable tanks they keep? They should have an exchange set up. Sad to say but I know where some fuel ends up and lots of it. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

1 hour ago, JoshS said:

Anyone know if all shell 91 is ethanol free? I thought it was only select Shell's. I check the pure gas app and was looking for a place by bobcaygeon last weekend and the shell there doesn't say ethanol free anymore.

As far as I was aware, that shell 91 is all produced at the same refinery which is distinctively ethanol free. 

not sure about small locations but I know our shell in pointe au baril has e free 91

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

As far as I was aware, that shell 91 is all produced at the same refinery which is distinctively ethanol free. 

not sure about small locations but I know our shell in pointe au baril has e free 91

At .20 cents a litre more than most others nearby.... I stopped there once and got robbed for the fueI bought.

HH

I’m a cheap bugger and hate to waste money. I’m guessing that I use 300 litres of gas during The boating season not including the last tank of the year where I already  use  Shell 91 to store. @ 30 cents /litre more than regular will cost $90 more per year. That’s likely worth  it watching this video. Although no problems after 12 yrs running untreated regular gas during the summers 

Edited by captpierre