3 rods per angler on US side of Erie

Canuck

Saw this on another forum.  

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/wildlife-home/post/ohio-wildlife-council-approves-3rd-fishing-line-for-lake-erie-ohio-river

As long as they don't increase the limits it won't impact anything.  I don't know why they don't allow 2 rods per person on Georgian Bay except that it is a way to have limits that are very hard to reach.  If would be nice to have a 2 rod rule on G-Bay.  

Edited by Canuck
Updated
  • Like 1

I have seen comments here on some of our local state boards with people wanting a return to the 10 fish limit for Walleye on Lake Erie, it's just my opinion it is a bad plan, better to try and keep the population stable and make some wiggle room for years that may have a poor spawn? Never fished the Ohio River and the club I was in used to schedule a bass tournament there once in a while, noted for smaller bass from what I saw in club results, just a long way for me to drive to catch bass I would cull on other waters here.

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

Saw this on another forum.  

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/wildlife-home/post/ohio-wildlife-council-approves-3rd-fishing-line-for-lake-erie-ohio-river

As long as they don't increase the limits it won't impact anything.  I don't know why they don't allow 2 rods per person on Georgian Bay except that it is a way to have limits that are very hard to reach.  If would be nice to have a 2 rod rule on G-Bay.  

Problem is then you'll have guys fishing two rods for bass, muskie and everything else out there...  

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 6:30 AM, Yellow Fever said:

I fish Erie and will never fish more than 6 rods regardless of how many in the boat. I could see a big mess o lines

Spend more time fighting tackle than fish, for what ? getting your limit in 2 hours rather than 3 🤣

LOL, after the repeated claims I see here about the Walleye fishing being the best ever I do wonder about the need for a third rod? I don't know how the charter captains work, are you done for the day once your charter has limit of legal size fish? It might allow them to book 2 charters a day?